Order not raised and customer advising payment has been withdrawn?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi All,

I had a customer contact me today to advise she had issued with an order she tried to submit. For some reason the order did not process and I can see it in my abandoned carts.

She has now provided me with provide proof of payment and the amount has come out of her bank.

Could someone help me work out what my next step would be? Should I just wait for this payment to show in my account and then process the order?

Why has this order not come through?

Appreciate anyones help,

Jesse

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
511 45 70

Hi, @jjuni0r!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community. 

This sounds like a case where the customer is not waiting (or clicking when applicable) to return back to Shopify after completing payment with a third-party payment provider. When an order is placed on your Shopify store, the customer enters the cart, moves to the checkout to put in their details, then selects a payment method. If an external, third-party payment option is selected, then they are redirected to that site to complete their payment. Once they've completed the payment, there will be an option to return back to Shopify. Sometimes that happens automatically, which depends on the payment provider used. Shopify won't create an Order in the admin until the customer returns to your Shopify site and sees the "thank you" page, as that is how we receive notice that the payment was made, completing the order.

To help prevent this type of issue in the future, you can add a note to your cart page, advising customers to return to your site after completing payment. You may also consider changing some of the language in your checkout process to help remind customers to not close the window until their order is confirmed. Here is some information on how to change the wording in different sections of your theme. In the Language Editor, there is a tab called "Checkout and system" where you can change wording in your checkout. Depending on the theme you're using, and your available design time, our Theme Support team may be able to assist with implementing some sort of note for you as well.

Moving forward with this specific order, if you have confirmed that you received payment from the customer, then you can recreate their order as a draft order, mark it as paid, and fulfill from there.

Please reply here and let me know if you have any questions regarding my response. Also, may I ask what payment method the customer in question used?

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes