Order placement and Wire Transfer fees

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there,

I've been trying to find some clear information if it is possible to create a shop where I can show my catalog and portfolio of products to possible clients. In there they would choose products, quantities and all the specifics of a full shop, but in the checkout process, they would be presented with a wire transfer number and pay it the old fashion way (through an atm machine, going to the back or through home banking systems).

In this process, I would end up with an order placement in Shopify's back-office and I would need to indeed certify myself of the payment before proceeding to ship the products. 

I know it sounds backwards to what is the norm, nowadays, but I really would like to know if this is possible if it would work and if I would end up paying fees for this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
328 35 89

Hi @DanielCruz_QL,

Thank you for reaching out with your question! What you're looking to do here is definitely possible. In the Payment section of your admin you'll be able to enable a number of different payment options, including manual payment methods. One of the manual methods you can use is Bank Deposit, which customers can select at checkout. When this option is enabled, there'll be two fields you can use ("Additional details" and "Payment instructions") to enter in relevant information on how the payment process works and what the next steps will be. The customer will see these when checking out.

You'd still receive an order in your admin when the customer has completed checkout, and then you can process the wire transfer with the customer outside of Shopify. When you choose manual orders such as the Bank Deposit option, you will not be charged transaction fees for these orders.

I hope this has helped explain things but please let me know if you have further questions on this.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks for the quick reply :D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
328 35 89

Hi @DanielCruz_QL,

My pleasure! Please let me know here if you experience any issues or need help with anything else. Have a great weekend.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes