Order status page not updated for customers - because no tracking info entered?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I've just noticed that the order tracking page for customers is not being updated when we fulfill an order.

It still just says:

Your shipment is confirmed
We've accepted your order, and we're getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status.

Why is this? We don't use tracking numbers but still want our customers to: 1) get an email that their order has been shipped and 2) be able to look at the page and see that it has been shipped.

We tick the "NOTIFY CUSTOMER OF SHIPMENT" box too. Does the above mean they are not receiving any email either?

This is causing a lot of confusion with our customers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 39

Hi, Matt!

Anders from the Social Care Team here. Hope you're doing well today.

Thank you for providing the screenshot and details! The first notification you're referring to is the Order Confirmation email. This is sent to the customer as soon as they finish processing their payment. In order for the Shipping Confirmation email to be sent to the customer, the order must first be Fulfilled as the system assumes you want to add a tracking number to the order.

Since you're not using tracking numbers, to send the shipping confirmation emails, you will want to Manually Fulfill your orders once you know the items have been shipped. We have a guide on that HERE and you can find the option when you are fulfilling orders below:

Feel free to follow back up if you have more questions!       

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

I also have this issue, and i manually fulfill all orders with a tracking number, however order status page still says 'We're getting it ready' why?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 3

I had a similar issue and resolved it here. Maybe that could help you, too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello,

I don't know the exact issue with Shopify regarding this. But I would suggest you to try an app like Shipment tracking & notify which will help you automate the process. Once you have fulfilled the order, the app automatically sends tracking notifications to your customers via email. Also, the app helps you with providing an integrated "track your order" page where your customers can track their orders.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello,

I had found a similar query and was able to find a solution for this. 

This issue can be solved once you change the content in the "Order Status" page.

Check out this thread: https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/order-status-page-not-showing-order-sh...

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes