Order status page not updating - manual and no tracking

1 0 2

Hi - I have searched the database and this question comes up a number of times, but then the thread dies with no answer. So forgive me for asking it again.

On my store in the UK I manually fulfil and use NO tracking. When I fulfil an order, the customer gets an E-mail to say their order is fulfilled - I have verified this.

When I check the order status page for the same customer - the following is still displayed: 

---------------------------

Your order is confirmed

We’ve accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status.

---------------------------

shopify.jpg

This is confusing for the customer as this is suggesting that their product has not shipped - for me fulfilling the order means that I have shipped the product. I then have no other way to update this status to say  'On Way' or any of the other statuses from a carrier, If one was used.

SHOPIFY staff - can you please help me with this. I have 2 sites with you, and both have the same issue - and I am getting complaints from both sites from customers saying they do not know the status of their order!

2 Likes
1 0 1

I have the same issue and support are just not getting it. Did you have any luck?

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey did you manage to find a solution to this? We have the same problem.

Thanks

1 Like
Tourist
5 1 1

I had a similar issue that I figured out here. Maybe that could help you, too!

0 Likes
Explorer
45 0 29

We have the same problem. We do not use a courier we are marking orders fulfilled but the order status pages does not change to 'shipped'.
Customers are emailing asking why their order has not been shipped yet, when it already has.

No solution on here so far works. I'm very surprised Shopify have not supplied a fix for this.

0 Likes
1 0 0
I have the same problem.. got confirmation but when went back to the page it was gone.. but the bike I order is back on shopify site with different email addresses..
0 Likes
Tourist
212 0 3

Hello @boyowilkins,

As it is mentioned, once you fulfill your orders without the tracking number, Shopify sends the confirmation email which has the link to the order status page which displays "We've accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status."

The only way to avoid "We're getting it ready" message is to fullfil the order with the tracking number.

Providing a mechanism for shipments without tracking number is an interesting use case. May be a manual option to update the Shipment status will help the customer to get more accurate shipment status.

Do you think something like this will help you?

0 Likes
Explorer
45 0 29

Yes!

It's not just me. Having looked through this forum I can see lots of people are having this issue.

>> But, the only way to avoid "We're getting it ready" message is to fullfil the order with the tracking number.<<

To be clear.. that doesn't work in all cases either.. you need to not only fulfill the order with a tracking number, but with a tracking number from one of the 4 supported couriers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
212 0 3

Thats correct, Live shipment tracking status is not provided for Royal Mail.

Ideal solution will be something like:

• For the shipments using Royal Mail First Class where tracking is not available provide more relevant message.
  • For the shipments using Royal Mail Services with Tracking, Live Shipment Tracking Status can be provided using Royal Mail Tracking API.
0 Likes
Explorer
45 0 29

Thanks for your continued interest in this problem.

>>For the shipments using Royal Mail First Class where tracking is not available provide more relevant message.<<

Yes!  On the 'order status' page.. it needs to say 'order shipped'... so how do I do that?

0 Likes