Order was fulfilled but there is still a notification!

Highlighted
2 0 0

I fulfilled orders for a local delivery and had their purchase partially refunded because I hand delivered the items myself, but they paid for shipping on accident. Now for the items that had their partial refund, I cannot remove the notification off my store on Shopify. What do I do? It confuses the flow of my business.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
369 39 78

Hi @kubapuch 

Usually, when you do a partial refund on an order, it will not automatically archive the order after it is fulfilled. You will have to manually archive it.

In the order screen, go to "More Actions"

MelsMojoBob_0-1603287853787.png

and click "Archive"

MelsMojoBob_1-1603287900082.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @kubapuch.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

As @BobsMojo suggests, you can archive the order and this will remove the order from your open orders list. The number notification or badge, beside Orders in your admin menu, comes from the number of open orders the store has. Typically, archiving happens automatically when an order is paid and fulfilled, there is a function/settings for this in the Checkout settings. However, there are a few order statuses that doesn't meet the conditions for automatic archiving because they may need extra attention - Such as partial refunds, refunded, or cancelled orders. 

With that said, were you able to archive the order and remove it from your notifications?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the responses!

I was able to archive the orders but the notification is still present. What is the next best step to take?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @kubapuch.

Thank you for following up!

Just to clarify, archiving the order will remove the order from the open orders list and adjust the number badge on the admin menu.

So that I can take a closer look, can you share a screenshot of which notification you're referring to?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes