Orders Showing As Unfulfilled After Being Fulfilled

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

Hi, @ArrowAve!

When you head to Orders > All orders, be sure to select the Open filter. This should show you only the 9 orders that are still unarchived:

02-05-6r3an-q6d9x

 

Once you find these orders, try manually archiving them either individually or by selecting all orders at once, then selecting Actions > Archive orders:

 

02-10-wyzwp-utro2

 

Have any new orders failed to automatically archive since, or is it still just the 9 orders that haven't archived? If you're having any trouble with the process of locating and manually archiving these orders, please let me know and I'd be happy to take a look into your account.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member
1 0 0
Hi’ this is happening to me now. And now I’m not sure what orders I have actually sent... I haven’t been recording them down on paper (stupid I know) and now I don’t know what to do 😩
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

@Sjack wrote:
Hi’ this is happening to me now. And now I’m not sure what orders I have actually sent... I haven’t been recording them down on paper (stupid I know) and now I don’t know what to do 😩

Hi, @Sjack.

 

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Can you tell me a bit more about what is happening with your orders at the moment? It will be helpful to gather details on the following:

 

  • current order statuses (ex: Unfulfilled, Partially fulfilled, Fulfilled)
  • order timeline details (whether there are any notes about fulfillment actions)
  • whether any apps are involved in affecting order status and fulfillment
  • whether your orders are fulfilled automatically or manually
  • when you first noticed the issue and on which browser and device

Thank you! 

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member
2 0 0

I have orders that have been partially or fully refunded, they still show up as unfulfilled, is there any way to set these as fulfilled? I have selected them and fulfilled them via the available method but this does not work. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

@LeenaV wrote:

I have orders that have been partially or fully refunded, they still show up as unfulfilled, is there any way to set these as fulfilled? I have selected them and fulfilled them via the available method but this does not work. 


Hi, @LeenaV.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Can you tell me a bit more about the method you used to fulfill the orders? Unless there's still a "Mark as fulfilled" option remaining on any of the products in the order, you won't be able to mark the order as fulfilled. Do these orders contain any digital gift cards or products that don't require shipping?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

The issue is that when we partially refund any item, or even refund shipping, the order will still appear as "unfulfilled". This is incredibly annoying to most of us as this gives us the impression, every day, that we have orders that need to be worked on. While I realize, we can click the "unfulfilled" tab and see that there are no unfulfilled orders that need to be worked, this little "1" on the Order tab makes us feel like we have an outstanding order that needs to be completed. If Shopify can't fix this issue, as it seems people have been complaining about it since 2015, then just remove the "1" all together and let us just use the tabs to see what's Archived, Unfulfilled, etc. The number here throws everything off and is just plain annoying. Literally people have been complaining about this for 5 years.

UPDATE:: Looks like this has been fixed however you have to log in and out of your account to make it disappear.

Unfulfilled.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

@VintageAlchemy wrote:

The issue is that when we partially refund any item, or even refund shipping, the order will still appear as "unfulfilled". This is incredibly annoying to most of us as this gives us the impression, every day, that we have orders that need to be worked on. While I realize, we can click the "unfulfilled" tab and see that there are no unfulfilled orders that need to be worked, this little "1" on the Order tab makes us feel like we have an outstanding order that needs to be completed. If Shopify can't fix this issue, as it seems people have been complaining about it since 2015, then just remove the "1" all together and let us just use the tabs to see what's Archived, Unfulfilled, etc. The number here throws everything off and is just plain annoying. Literally people have been complaining about this for 5 years.

UPDATE:: Looks like this has been fixed however you have to log in and out of your account to make it disappear.

Unfulfilled.jpg


Hey, @VintageAlchemy!

Welcome, and thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. I appreciate that it can be frustrating to see an inaccurate count of orders that require action. Only Open orders should appear in that count, so if you've already archived all handled orders, logging out and back in as you did can help. It may be that the browser was holding onto old information, so clearing the cache may be helpful as well. If you ever run into an issue where these troubleshooting steps aren't clearing an archived order from the count, let our Support team know and we'd be happy to take a look.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member
1 0 0

I am currently experiencing this issue. It is still showing that I have an active order but they have all been fulfilled. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

@akbreslow wrote:

I am currently experiencing this issue. It is still showing that I have an active order but they have all been fulfilled. 


Hi, @akbreslow

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

When you take a look at the order that's still showing up as active, can you please let me know how long it has been since the order was marked as Fulfilled? It may just be that the order needs to be archived. In that case, you can either manually archive orders after they're fulfilled, or you can set them to automatically archive once they're fulfilled. If archiving doesn't change anything, try clearing the cache in your browser and let me know if that helps.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes