Orders fulfilled from two different 3-PLs

jjacobe
8 0 0

We want to fulfill drop-ship orders from one 3-PL and direct to consumer orders from another 3-PL, is that possible?

0 Likes
StoreshipUK
5 0 0

Yes it is possible to receive orders into two different 3PL Locations.

It becomes difficult when you want to update the order after it has been shipped as it often comes back with an error regarding the stock is not managed from that location.

Are the 3PL services in different countries?

We at Storeship often advise to set different products from different zones so they can differentiate and reduce any problems further down the line, makes it a lot easier.

0 Likes
jjacobe
8 0 0

So, instead of orders, I will set up certain products to be fulfilled from certain locations.  Is that correct? 

0 Likes
Claire222
Shopify Partner
59 2 4

Hi @jjacobe ,

A lot depends on the rules you need for routing orders. For example, does different products go to different 3PLs, or do you need something more complex?

0 Likes
StoreshipUK
5 0 0

Yes, that is one way to do it, you can set Inventory managed by on each individual product.

0 Likes
jjacobe
8 0 0

Hello StoreshipUK, 

What happens when an order comes across for multiple products and the products are set up in both locations? Will it ship from both locations? How do we handle just the few items to test one location vs another location? 

It would be a lot simpler to separate the orders by location by the client.  Do you know if we can do that in Shopify Plus? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Claire222
Shopify Partner
59 2 4

Hi @jjacobe 

You don't need Shopify Plus to handle your fulfillment needs. Perhaps it might be easier to provide examples, let me know if this is what you are looking for. This can be easily set up in the Order Fulfillment Guru app:

Product A - fulfilled by 3PL #1, who is open to using web portal to mark an order as fulfilled
Product B - fulfilled by 3PL #2, who uses ShipStation

Scenario: Combination of products A & B in 1 order
The order will be split as 2 suborders (but still shows under one order # in Shopify). Suborder with product A will be routed to 3PL #1 via email, and suborder with product B will be routed to 3PL #2 via ShipStation.

In all cases, you can have Order Fulfillment Guru automatically route the orders, or you can manually submit a fulfillment request. You can route each suborder either at same time or different times, directly in Shopify. Also, in all cases, when order is marked as fulfilled/shipped, the tracking number is sent to Shopify, and the customer is notified by Shopify.

Let me know if this helps?

0 Likes
StoreshipUK
5 0 0

Hi Claire,

Can you contact me through storeship uk website we have a few clients maybe requiring your app.

Storeship

0 Likes
jjacobe
8 0 0

All, 

Thanks for your responses! I appreciate the help! 

0 Likes