Orders on a Frozen Account

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello all. My account is frozen and shop is closed due to an unpaid bill. I have had two people contact me asking when they will receive orders they placed, which I was completely unaware of because my shop has been closed. Were their orders even processed? I'm not sure how they even placed them. I am wondering if I owe them a refund, and if I have to get back into my account to issue one. I doubt it could have even gone through but just want to check. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey there @shopjunebugco,

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! That's a great question, and I'd be happy to offer some guidance.

In order to avoid a chargeback it'd be best for you to refund the customers for their orders. Once your store has been frozen, orders cannot be placed so it's likely that these customer's placed the orders just before your store was frozen. The only way to access your shop at this point is to pay the due balance to reactivate your store. If after refunding the customers you choose to close your store, you can follow the steps here. While we can't promise a refund, if you contact us the same day you close your store we can take a look into the account to see if there's any way we can support you.

If you have any questions about the process, please let me know and I'd be happy to clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I am having the same exact issue as stated above ...however I am unable to go in and update my card/billing information. I keep getting a "card could not be verified. Transaction declined error" How am i suppossed to pay my outstanding balance if I cant update the information?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I update my credit card but now I want to pay the payment that is past due.  I do see how I can do such.  No place on the screen   I would also like to unfreeze my store.  

Sharon Davis, 

0 Likes