Out of Stock Item

3 0 0

Hello all,

I am new to Shopify and have just gone live in the last week.  We sell unique items where we only have 1 of that item.  I have been using a .csv file to upload my product.  In the "Variant Inventory Qty" field, we put "1" since that is the number of available inventory and then we put "deny" in "Variant Inventory Policy" field.  For the Variant Fullfillment Service field we put "manual".

Last night while our brick and mortar store was closed we had an item sold at 11:30 pm.  Then that same item sold at 9:00am this morning.  After fulfilling the first order and cancelling the second order, the item still showed as available on our shopify site.  Why did this product not disappear or show out of stock when the first order hit?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Okay, I've dug further into it.  When I go into the items and look at the current variants, the "Track Inventory" radio button is not clicked.  So, even thought I have put "1" in the item, and "deny" in the rules for no inventory, it isn't set to track.  So what do I put in what cell of the .csv that will have that radio button clicked to track inventory?  I only sell items on shopify that are onsite to pack and ship.  Once I click that radio button manually to tell it to track, it remembers my quantity and deny.  Any help still?

0 Likes