PAYOUT SCHEDULE

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

Kindly advise how can we increase the time to byweekly or monthly PAYOUT SCHEDULE from shopify to our bank account since bank charges us 3 dollars per transaction? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 1 16

Hey Maysa, 

I'm Zuzanna, from the team here at Shopify :)

If this is in reference to Shopify Payments, at this time there isn't any way to modify the payouts, meaning that you wouldn't be able to make the payout schedule shorter or longer. I definitely see how this would be a hindrance to you and your business, so I will send this feedback to our team and hopefully, this will be something we can introduce to our payment provider in the future. 

That said, if you find that this fee is too much, you can always use another payment provider. You can see a full list of providers available to you depending on your location here. You'll also want to reach out to them to see if they can schedule payouts to benefit you. Keep in mind though, when you use a third party payment provider, we will no longer be able to waive the transaction fee, this fee will be placed on each order and its percentage depends on the plan you are using. You can see more detail about this on our pricing page here

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here :) 

Have a great one,
Zuzanna

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thankx

As i can see this issue has been not resolved since 2014 as mentioned in the form check this link.

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-fulfilment/t/shopify-payments-payout-schedule-1762...

Regards

KJ

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Adding our vote. We would REALLY like to be able to be paid bi-monthly, or monthly. Can someone with Shopify speak to whether this is being considered to change or not??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

@Zuzanna 

any update on this ? 
Looking through the forums, this has been requested multiple times since 2014! 

Not able to have control over the schedule of the payouts is incredibly inconvenient. 

I just got paid yesterday to my bank account and today another transaction has been made, this time withdrawing money from my bank account because of a refund. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3054 228 499

Hi @SirAbundance and everyone else, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

The ability to choose and edit when you receive your payouts when using Shopify Payments as your gateway is now possible. You can do this by taking the following steps in your admin: Settings > Payment providers > Shopify Payments > Edit > Payout Schedule > Edit where you will see something which looks like the picture below. 

02-10-hpr7g-syaf9

You can see in the highlighted section you can edit to be paid, daily, weekly or monthly on a specific day of the week or day of the month. You can find out more about getting paid with Shopify Payments from the help document Shopify has on this here

Hope this helps you all. 🙂

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Nick, 

excellent! Thanks a lot for this. 

If I am using Stripe as the payment provider (only changed this recently), the payouts will be handled through Stripe then. 

That means every subsequent refund will be instantly deducted from my bank account, correct ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3054 228 499

Hi @SirAbundance,

No problem at all, glad it helped. 

Yes if you are using Stripe or any other third party payment gateway (any gateway other than Shopify Payments) then you would succumb to their payout schedules and Shopify wouldn't be able to change how their systems work, it would be completely up to the payment gateway you are with. 

I'm not quite sure I 100% understand what you mean with:

That means every subsequent refund will be instantly deducted from my bank account, correct ? 

Could you elaborate a little further on what you mean here, please? 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi @Nick 

when we need to issue a refund to a customer, this money needs to come from somewhere. 
Until recently, we used Shopify Payments so all the funds were 'stored' within Shopify and the refunds were deducted directly from the balance. 

Now that we use Stripe, the refunds get deducted from the bank account each time. 
Which is very inconvenient.  

I need to know, if it's possible to set up the refunds in a way so they get deducted from the Stripe balance, instead of the bank account. 
Or alternatively, keep some free balance directly on Shopify, so these refunds can get deducted from there. 

That would be great. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3054 228 499

Hi @SirAbundance,

Ah ok, I see what you mean now. This is something I would advise you to reach out to Stripe about. I could only comment on how a refund for one of your customers would work when using Shopify Payments

Your best bet here would be to reach out to Stripe directly about how and where your refunds are deducted from. You can contact Stripe directly at their customer service from here

1 Like