PAYOUTS DON'T COME

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, the 19/01/2020 one friend made an order, after 30 min i refunded to check if everything was working o.k.

He bought an item and i refunded him the item because we just wanted to try payments work. The problem is that he got in his bank acc. - 23.92Euros, but in my bank acc i didn't receive anything and when i refunded his money i didn't get anything too... what is happening?? i have everything well structured but payments don't come.. is imperial i get an answer to solve this otherwise my shop cannot work.. 

Thanks

JJ 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, JJ!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

I can certainly understand the confusion with that refund process you've completed with your friend.

When you make a sale, on the order page, scroll down and you'll see a timeline. There, you'll be able to see a list of events, including payment details and your payouts. The payouts generally occur 2-3 days after the sale. If the order is refunded before the payout, this will also be added to the timeline as a deduction, as we wouldn't be sending a payout if the money has been refunded.

As an example, let's say a customer purchases an item on your store for $30. You'll see a payout for $30 (minus any transaction fees) and a date for the payout. If you then issue a refund to the customer before the payout has been sent to you, we'll deduct that $30 from your payout which means you won't see the money.

From the customers side, a refund can take up to 5 business days to clear depending on their banks processing times. If the payment is still pending on their statement, the bank may simply reverse the charge, instead of refunding. This would mean they won't see the original transaction or the refund on their statement.

To view a list of payouts (including any that have been refunded), go to Settings > Payment Providers in your Shopify admin, and click "View Payouts" under Shopify Payments.

You can find more information on our refund process with this helpful guide.

In regards to testing payments, we do have a test facility for Shopify Payments as well, so that you won't need to use real money to simulate transactions. For more information, check out our guide on test payments.

Have you launched your store yet? Before you do, feel free to post in our forums for some feedback on your store (and be sure to include a link to your store)! We want to set you up for success and want to make sure your site looks professional and trustworthy.

Some people can miss little things, like adding a contact section, or an about us section; both of which can really help customers understand your brand can be trusted. Merchants can also miss example text on their password pages, and in the footer sections, so be sure to check them out.

Check out our blog post which goes through an essential launch checklist that may also prompt you for some last minute ideas.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes