PAYPAL: You've received a refund from Ali Express

hpc_30
Visitor
1 0 0

Made my first sale yesterday morning for my store (fashionnortheast.com) and I received a random email overnight from Paypal saying that Ali Express has refunded me the amount I had paid the supplier. 
Is this a normal or common thing that happens or is it just unlucky and I shouldn't read into it? Should I remove the product from my site? There was no reason provided as to why the sum was refunded, but I think it's safe to assume they're not going to send the product to my customer for whatever reason? 

Many thanks

Harry

Reply 1 (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @hpc_30!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

There could be a number of reasons why your supplier chose to refund you for your AliExpress order. For instance, the supplier may have run out of stock or they may no longer be shipping to your customers' area. While I don't see this happen too often, I don't think it would be a cause for concern. However, it's probably a good idea to find out why the order was refunded and whether the order was also cancelled. 

You can find out if the order was cancelled by logging into your AliExpress account and heading to Account > My Orders, which will provide you with the order status for all of your AliExpress orders. If the order was cancelled, you can choose to either refund your customer or, if you're using Oberlo, override your product if you can find the same product from a different supplier.

Since the order was refunded, the supplier may have reached out to you with an explanation, so I suggest checking your messages in your AliExpress account to see if this is the case. You can access your messages in Account > Message Center

Alternatively, you can contact the supplier directly to find out why they issued a refund. This can help you determine whether you should be removing that particular product from your online store. You can review Oberlo's help doc on how to contact suppliers to find out how to get in touch. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog