Partial Order - Shipment options for Consumer

Highlighted
1 0 0

Can we create an option that gives customers with incomplete orders, due to the product being out of stock, the option to wait until all stock to arrive before we ship and also give them the option, if they would prefer multiple shipments, receiving product now and then another shiipment when additional product comes in. 

Thank you - Jeff

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
141 0 15

Hi there,

Sure thing - What I suggest in this case, is that you allow your products to be bought even when they are out of stock. This way, a customer can complete an order, and you will be able to fulfill the order at any time when the product(s) are back in stock.

If you do not want customers to be able to buy products when out of stock, I suggest you get this app, which allows you to notify a customer when a product they are interested in, is back in stock - https://apps.shopify.com/in-stock-reminder.

When fulfilling a completed order, you can choose to fulfill and deliver one item at a time. You do not have to fulfill all items in the order at once.

Here is some information on how to partially fulfill an order - https://help.shopify.com/manual/orders/fulfill-orders#fulfill-part-of-an-order-manually.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi Jeff,

I have the same question you have, and I'm not sure the response above fully answered it. If a customer wants to buy 1 shirt that's available for pre-order, and 1 shirt that I currently have in stock, when they get to check out I want them to be able to choose to either "ship when complete" (I will then hold off on shipping until the pre-order inventory comes in) or "ship separately" (I would ship the in-stock shirt immediately, and the pre-order one when it comes in). Of course, the "ship separately" option would cost more, because it's two separate packages. So far, I haven't seen any app that offers that, but maybe I just haven't looked in the right places? Please let me know if you found a solution! Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 1 1

This is exactly what I'm looking for as well. Did you ever find a solution?

@Jessica_Schluet wrote:

Hi Jeff,

I have the same question you have, and I'm not sure the response above fully answered it. If a customer wants to buy 1 shirt that's available for pre-order, and 1 shirt that I currently have in stock, when they get to check out I want them to be able to choose to either "ship when complete" (I will then hold off on shipping until the pre-order inventory comes in) or "ship separately" (I would ship the in-stock shirt immediately, and the pre-order one when it comes in). Of course, the "ship separately" option would cost more, because it's two separate packages. So far, I haven't seen any app that offers that, but maybe I just haven't looked in the right places? Please let me know if you found a solution! Thanks!

0 Likes