Partially refunded items still showing in ShipStation

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

The issue we're having is when a customer orders multiple items, changes their mind about one item, then asks for it to be refunded and we do so in Shopify, but the refunded item/order does not update to reflect the updated order in Shipstation. In the order details on Shopify it shows that "X" item(s) is Unfulfilled and the other item(s) are refunded but the order in Shipstation will still show all the items from the original customer order before the refund was processed.

We used to be on BigCommerce and a partially refunded order would eventually update but now it does not, even after days. Is there another step we need to take to have these updates reflected in ShipStation?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
884 72 208

This is an accepted solution.

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong here, just that ShipStation isn't listening for the refund. I would contact them to see if they have a solution. If not, there's probably a way to create a custom solution that will send order notifications to ShipStation via API... but I assume they would have this as a feature already.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
684 51 152

Hi, @mywazoo!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

As @JoesIdeas mentioned, it does sound like there is an issue with ShipStation's connection, so contacting ShipStation would be a good next step. Have you had a chance to do so yet? 

I should also mention that, according to this ShipStation help doc, orders are not synced in real-time. While each store has a setting that allows ShipStation to automatically import your orders at periodic intervals, this feature has a minimum of a two hour delay, so this may play a factor in why you aren't seeing them update. Have you tried initiating a store update in your ShipStation app to pull your latest order information? If after doing so, it still isn't updating your orders, then it's strongly recommended that you reach out to ShipStation's support team, as they will be able to offer full support on this app. You can find their contact information here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This thread was marked as solved, but can the OP @mywazoo  provide some more details as to how/if it was solved? Shipstation support are becoming increasingly difficult to get hold of, and we're in exactly the same position, having moved from BC to Shopify+. @JoesIdeas assumption is correct, that's how it should probably work, but that doesn't seem to be the case, which is unusual, as in our experience, most things seem to work better with Shopify than they did with BC. Thanks!

0 Likes