Partner Payouts only via PayPal - Does this mean we incur yet another fee?

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3636 302 700

Hi @My_Pap_Shopify_,

This is still true yes. For Partners who don't have PayPal as an option, there is a manual payouts option. There is a minimum payout threshold of $1,000 USD p/month and we would need to see this balance before it can be set up! Because this might involve having to get some sensitive information from your part to set that up, your best bet would be to reach out to our support team directly here

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
kelseyjudson
Shopify Partner
35 1 16

@Nick, is there any chance that you could offer support for alternatives such as TransferWise? PayPal's fees really are exorbitant.

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3636 302 700

Hey @kelseyjudson,

Thanks for reaching out about this. It's something a lot of our Partners would like to see and every bit of feedback like this helps the development team with future considerations, much appreciated. 

0 Likes
e-infinitum
1 0 1

Greetings to the Partner Community and to Shopify,

As a partner running a business that has brought at least one client who is turning over more than $100k / month through Shopify,  and with more clients in development, it would be great if the commission payments could be paid directly to my company's business bank account.

I am not questioning why Shopify offers Paypal, I wonder why paypal is the ONLY option.  

Please provide an option to register my bank account details.

It should not be necessary for me to set up a new Paypal account purely to facilitate doing business with Shopify on an ongoing basis.

Shopify is excellent in all other respects, please don't let your community of partners down with the simple things.

I do appreciate you listening to our concerns.

Daniel Owens

bwhalley
1 0 4

Nick, how is it 2020 and there is still no option beyond Paypal for partner payouts? This feels like just pure laziness from the Shopify team with all the things you can build quickly, when you're forcing partners into someone else's billing system. I thought financial products were one of Shopify's core strengths.

kelseyjudson
Shopify Partner
35 1 16

I agree, it's disappointing but clear that Shopify doesn't prioritise its partners.

ErickLuis
Tourist
4 0 1

These discussions always remain unsolved,
They don't care, even taking 20% commission.

0 Likes
kelseyjudson
Shopify Partner
35 1 16

@Nick This has just become even more important for those of us without a US PayPal account. Previously I was able to withdraw to a US bank account (TransferWise) without a fee. Just recently I started seeing a fee of 3% to withdraw my USD balance to my US bank account. I asked PayPal for clarification about this and they had this to say:

Starting this month, there will be a charge of 3% of the withdrawal amount for withdrawals made to US bank accounts. This changes were updated on the User Agreement page of our website and an email update was sent as well. We started sending out email updates on October. You can check your spam and junk folder if the update didn't showed on your inbox. Withdrawal to local bank accounts will remain free of charge.

So, now we face a forced 3% fee even if we're not converting currency (which is essentially the same 3% fee, but hidden behind their exchange rate), if we're unfortunate enough not to have a US PayPal account. Shopify, can you PLEASE help us out here?

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3636 302 700

Hi @kelseyjudson and everyone else, 

Currently, we only offer an alternative of manual payment method for partners. There are certain factors that would allow you to qualify for manual payouts, to determine your eligibility for this. Your best bet is to reach out to Partner Support within your dashboard to learn more. 

0 Likes
kelseyjudson
Shopify Partner
35 1 16

@Nick I previously asked support about the manual payout method some months ago although I don't think I qualified because PayPal is available to me. It would be nice if I could use that though, as the 3% PayPal fee is going to end up costing me a lot. It would be nice if Shopify could make this option more available to those of us affected by PayPal's fees. Although the real long term solution would be to offer payouts to other providers like TransferWise.