Pause store

Highlighted
4 0 0

I have been trying to pause my store for over 2 months now, it won't let me despite there being a valid payment option. This is getting ridiculous.

I've also been trying to contact Shopify and just keep getting sent in circles on their website. Not happy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
101 15 19

Hi @RUB-359 

Eunice here from the Shopify Community, thanks for posting today.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time pausing your store, I'd love to help you with this. If you're currently on an active paid plan then there shouldn't be any issues pausing your store so let's take a look at what's happening here.

When you go to Settings > Plans and Permissions > Store Status from your Shopify Admin, you'll see two options for pausing. Either pause and build or pause:

5sdxi-7dcc1

Which one are you selecting, and what happens when you do? Do any error messages populate?

Also, thank you for letting me know the contact support page is a tad tricky to find. Should you need to use this service in the future here is a short video to show you how to connect with a Support Advisor.

I look forward to hearing from you so we can get this issue fixed.

Cheers!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I have tried both the 'pause' and 'pause and build' neither work. I either get this error message 'too many attempts made. please contact support' or 'payment method unable to verify' but my payment method should already be verified.

I have a payment pending for October that shouldn't have even been charged. As far as I knew my shop was already on 'pause' (from the first time I tried doing it in September).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
101 15 19

Thank you for the information @RUB-359. Hmmmmm, that's rather odd, isn't it! I can totally understand your frustration here.

In this case, I'd like to take a look at your store. If that's okay with you please respond to the email I've just sent to your community email address confirming your full name and myshopify.com URL. Sometimes Shopify emails can end up in your junk folder so be sure to check there. 

I look forward to your email.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Eunice,

I have not received your email (not in junk or any of my inboxes). Could you please resend? I am still having this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
101 15 19

Hi @RUB-359 

Thank you for letting me know. I've just re-sent the email to your Community email address.

Catch you there! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I'm not sure what the "Community email" is but I still don't have any emails from you or Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
101 15 19

@RUB-359 Sorry to hear this. I've just sent you a private message to check the email address.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue getting my store paused. Please reach out to me.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
101 15 19

Hi @fastbags 

I'm sorry to hear you're also having difficulty pausing your store. Let's take a look at what's going on here. Can you tell me a little about what you see when you go to pause your store? Do any error messages populate? 

Cheers!

0 Likes