Pay Pal Gateway

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey all I forgot to complete my Pay Pal setup until after i tested a paypal transaction and didnt realize my tester was going to pay with pay pal. They already submitted an order and ive completed the paypal setup. Will the transaction go through automatically or will I have to resubmit? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2551 180 398

Hi @TylerJcarter

Nick here from Shopify. 

It's difficult to know this or exactly what happened without taking a closer look into the order and your settings. Would you be able to confirm if the email you used to sign up to the Community is the same as the one you used to sign up to your store with? (There's no need to share the email here, just let me know). If so, I can reach out to you directly about this to take a closer look if that's ok? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yeah same email is with my store and with this account. And just to clarify my question I had a customer pay via pay pal before I completed the activation process for paypal.  Ive since completed that setup but only after the order was placed. 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2551 180 398

Hi @TylerJcarter,

I spoke to our higher level support team about this. They mentioned that in a case like this you would receive an email from PayPal requesting that you complete the setup of your PayPal account. Once this is done, you should be able to access your funds. It might also be worth reaching out to PayPal's support directly about this to make sure of this. You can reach PayPal support from here

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes