Pay out wrong bank information during set ip

Highlighted
1 0 0
Hello
when setting up my Shopify store, I may have incorrectly put in my the wrong details for my bank account. I am now receiving and error:

To change your bank account, make the following changes:
Old account must match the information we have on file. Contact support if you need further help.
I can't match the old information as I don't know what error I made. I need help fixing this soon as possible!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 114

Hi @zibfashion1,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

Great question! For this particular case, our Support will need to contact the Shopify Payments team for assistance here. I'm going to email you directly as we will need to discuss sensitive information which can't be posted publicly. 

For anyone else that might be reading this, if you experiencing the same error and you need to submit your old banking information first, I've listed a few areas you might be able to find this information. We do not require for you to submit any of the following documents to our support, this is just a suggestion for you to locate your old banking information if needed. Once located, you would then be able to update the bank account as shown here for example. 

• Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question.
  • Online Banking: If you log into your online banking account, you should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting your bank: Your bank's customer support will be able to locate these details. 
  • Paper statement: An old bank statement should have these details listed or you could request a copy of a previous statement with your bank's customer support. 

If you're still experiencing issues trying to update your bank account with Shopify Payments, please contact our Support directly here for 24/7 assistance.

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all, when setting up my Shopify store, I may have incorrectly put in my the wrong details for my bank account. I am now receiving and error: 

To change your bank account, make the following changes:

• Old account must match the information we have on file. Contact support if you need further help.

The problem is, I can't match the old information as I don't know what error I made.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 114

Hi @stephanierosa,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

I've gone ahead and merged your query to this recent forum post as you're in a similar situation. Are you able to locate the banking information as I've mentioned above? If not, please let me know and I'll raise your query further to our Shopify Payments team. 

For anyone else that might be experiencing this, please contact our support directly here for here or further assistance. 

Many thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello, need help too!!

my payout said failed. I put the incorrect banking information when setting up . Now I can’t change it . Someone help me please .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 114

Hi @PLAYGIRLXSHOP1,

Thanks for letting us know. Our support will need to help you here so when you have a moment, please contact our support here or here for immediate assistance. 

Many thanks,

1 Like