Pay shopify plan via Visa Debit Card?

1 0 0

Hey guys 

I was planning to launch my shop next month but i've noticed that only credit cards are accepted for paying the shopify plan. The thing is that I have a Visa but it's only a debit card. Am I able to pay it with it?

Some say it is, some say it isn't. 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
484 12 33

Hi, Dominik.

This is Max from the Shopify Guru Team. 

Our billing system requires that fully-fledged credit card, in good standing, is used to pay for the subscription to Shopify. 

Sometimes, other versions like Visa Debit cards, or Visa gift cards can be entered, but they are not a reliable option for this recurring payment system. 

It doesn't seem like this is an ideal solution for you at the moment, but those are our current restrictions. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and this is one pain point that has been brought up before, so, I know alternatives have are being discussed (it's a tricky thing to change based on the info we need)! If there's anything else you wanted to share, please feel free to email us directly.

Best, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

what is mean by visa debit card?
is is only refer to debit card with visa logo on the card or should be registered with visa checkout?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
484 12 33

Hi, Eddie.

Max, again.

We were talking about how to pay for your Shopify subscription. This requires a credit card. 

Are you wondering about using this kind of card within Shopify (Settings > Billing > Credit card)? If so, some debit cards have a credit option, like the ones with a Visa logo, but they are not reliable ways to pay for your Shopify invoice. 

If you're wondering about using this type of card at checkout, for a purchase, then this depends on the payment gateways offered and what they accept! 

If you want any more details, please feel free to let us know.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
1 0 0

Can any credit card be used to pay for shopify monthly subscription? ANNY?
I have an international credit card but I wonder If recurring billing can be done with it. 
It's not something that banks prohibit right?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
484 12 33

Hi, Zahin. 

Max, again, from the Shopify Team.

You'd need to have a credit card in good standing that will allow you to process charges on a recurring basis in USD! This is the currency that we currently charge in no matter where our merchants are located.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello, Can I use my mother credit card to pay the shopify plan? FYI, I build up the store using my name. Is it possible? Thank you.

0 Likes
1 0 0

is there any other options for subscribing to shopify.. i only use debit card

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
484 12 33

Hi, @Mello-genstore 

Max, again. 

At this time we do not have an option to pay for monthly invoices using a debit card. A credit card, in good standing, is the only way to consistently charge for this.

Credit cards also serve as a way for us to authenticate users, if necessary. We do know that diversifying payment options is something that merchants are looking for moving forward, so, keep an eye on our changelog and announcements page for updates!

Cheers,
Max

0 Likes
1 0 0

Dear Max, this is John  Shopify on line store owner. 
One of my payment methods is Merchant e-solutions.
But client supports that can not complete his order cause of Invalid ID or key ! 
Please help us! What s went wrong ?

Regards
John 55819033_314818629229671_1989152096699547648_n.jpg?????
General Manager
SPYRINEX IC Team
55819033_314818629229671_1989152096699547648_n.jpg

Merchant e-Solutions

0 Likes