PayPal Express Checkout 10606 error

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

(slight correction to the above...I'm losing at least 50% of sales i.e. 1 in 2 sales due to the above issue :-( )

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

Several customers are still experiencing this error. I was promised a response from IT back in June, but never heard from them :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I’m having this type of issue with my store. I have no idea when it started exactly but can confirm it’s been going on for 1-2 months. My sales are rapidly declining and I have 5+ recent screenshots from customers and several more emails complaining of their PayPal payments being rejected with the notice:

”This vendor does not ship/ship to customers outside the US.” 

I sell only digital content so for this to start happening is beyond me. 

I contacted Shopify and they said they can’t access my PayPal to make changes to the settings so I need to contact PayPal. However, doesn’t Shopify have API access to my PayPal? I called PayPal and they corrected a setting to unblock non-US shipping addresses. Within a week, I received another customer complaint and checked my PayPal in response. Lo and behold, the block was put back on. Who is doing this?? I wonder if Shopify sees that I don’t ship products and automatically blocks non-US shipping addresses via API access to my PayPal? I turned the setting off again but the problem persists; I verified through a customer who reattempted to purchase. 

I even tried linking an entirely different PayPal account to my Shopify and the SAME problem happens.

Currently exploring PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow) to see if this helps but even that isn’t working right due to a verification error. When I test it on a different Shopify store it works flawlessly. I’m thinking there is a small chance some JavaScript incompatibility could be playing a role? I also wondered if the recent introduction of ShopPay could be causing an issue. If I can’t find a solution, I may have to seriously consider other store options. I never had an issue this bad on WooCommerce; just occasional SSL certificate issues with my host provider.

It’s frustrating to not know how many of my international customers (a large customer base, bc its the rest of the WORLD) are being told I no longer sell to them so they are likely never to return.

Highlighted
1 0 0

My business is based in Europe and I'm having this exact same issue with PayPal Express Checkout, albeit with US customers. I was notified of this problem by a friendly customer a couple of days ago.

0 Likes