PayPal Express Checkout Stuck Pending

wrldguy
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey! I just followed your advice. Had the same exact issue since I was using a different email than my Shopify one to accept Paypal payments. I made a fresh account just for my shopify store and deactivated the old one and activated the new one. How long did it take after activating the new account for the payment to change from "pending"? 

Thanks for the advice!

yarncircus
1 0 2

Just wanted to come on here are say the solution that rider99 gave helped me!

I, too, use a personal email for my paypal account. I added my store email to my paypal account, i did not have to change it to primary, and automatically I received an email that Paypal Express checkout works. Hope it helps someone too!

wrldguy
Tourist
4 0 1

@yarncircus 

I made a new business paypal account 2 days ago using my store email and linked it via payments section in shopify but payments are still pending. Dont know why it is taking so long.

EDIT: For those who have the same issue I realized my account with Paypal had not been confirmed since the confirmation email went to the spam box. 
Make sure paypal email is the same as shopify account email and make sure to confirm your Paypal account! This will definitely work!

0 Likes
prettygirlkami
1 0 0

Did you have to choose a way to integrate Paypal to you Shopify page?

0 Likes
DaveThomas
2 0 0

I sorted this issue as follows:

I had accepted my first order via Paypal without setting it up on my Shopify site.

Got an email saying so from Paypal, so i opened up an account with matching email address to the site.

Still the funds didn't arrive.

Solution: in my Settings, i deactivated my Paypal connection with Shopify, then reactivated it immediately.

Logged back into Paypal, and there was the money! Sorted.

0 Likes
DaveThomas
2 0 0

DeActivate your connection to Paypal from settings, then reactivate it immediately. Worked for me

0 Likes
Makyla
2 0 0

Thank you so much this worked for me

0 Likes
mullan82
1 0 0

100% fixed the issue for me. 

thank you RIDER99

all I did was go to my PayPal account & add the email I use for my shopify account and INSTANTLY the money became available in my PayPal!

0 Likes
sbanks
1 0 0

rider99 that fixed my problem and your instructions are very clear to follow. Thank you!

0 Likes
got2bphenomenal
1 0 0

Contacted 2 times Shopify Support. Spent too much time useless . They told me in the end to try with Paypal. 

0 Likes