PayPal Express Checkout activation (Australia)

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I have trouble connecting PayPal Express Checkout to my shopify account. I have read all posts I could get my hands on and I have tried countless permutations all unsuccessful...

After clicking on "Activate PayPal Express Checkout" button, instead of being redirected to PayPal permissions page (as shown in another thread), I am getting https://www.paypal.com/bizsignup/#/create which confirms my name, address and so on, next screen I am asked about some details (Years in business, turnover, business address) and finally my personal details. And this is where I get an error "We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong." with no explanation. I have contacted Shopify, they say it is on PayPal side, PayPal say everything is fine on their side  and PayPal MTS say it is not a technical issue.

My PayPal account is Business account and has been for over 3 years with no issues but my shopify website is my first e-commerce attempt.

I have tried:

Dozens of address and phone number permutations to make sure they match.

Different browsers/cleared cache

Incognito mode

Are there any ideas on what could be wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 3

Hi, did you manage to solve the issue? I have the same problem too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Chiita, yes it has been fixed. After hounding both Shopify and PayPal and not letting either one of the hook, it turned out that there was an issue on the PayPal side. They only figured it out after multiple merchants from Shopify had the same issue. A few weeks ago PayPal made the fix and the integration worked the way it was supposed to. I’m not sure when was the last tome you tried to connect your PayPal account but if it was more than a couple of weeks ago, give it another go. Otherwise my only advice is to keep at both sides until one figures it out. Sorry I can’t be more help...

0 Likes