PayPal Express Checkout asking for business account

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey guys, so I'm having a problem. I've read online that you don't have to do have a business account to start selling. I've just created my store, but don't have any VAT or LCC and stuff. I haven't made any sell wet and it's a dropshipping business.

But, every time I try to add the PayPal express thing, they say that I have to create a Business Account. So I'm confused, I DO need to have a licensed business? I'm from Europe, but not UK.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
845 54 138

Hey, there

My name is Dallas and I am part of the Shopify Social Care Team here at Shopify. I would be more than happy to help clarify this for you.

When you initially connect PayPal to Shopify you can connect it with a PayPal account of any status. However, when you want to collect your money from PayPal you will have to convert your PayPal account to a PayPal business account.

If you have made sales before your account has been converted to a business account there is no need to worry because you only need to convert your account when you want to collect your funds.

I do want to point out that the status of your PayPal account is an adjustment that will need to be made in PayPal. Shopify doesn't have access to be able to make these kinds of changes in your PayPal account. I also want to add that there isn't any correlation between what you need for your PayPal account and what kinds of licenses you need or do not need to operate your Shopify store.

If you would like more information about the PayPal side of things it would be best to reach out to the PayPal team, but if you would like more information about the Shopify side of things then, by all means, please let me know.

Besides this, how is the rest of the set up of your account going? Is there anything else you need help with or any other questions I can help clear up for you?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes