PayPal Express Checkout without having a paypal account

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi

I live in Israel and we are limited with the supported payment gateways.
My question is.
If I use PayPal Express Checkout as a payment gateways can a client choose to pay with credit card without having a paypal account?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 0 12

Hi Guy!

Maggie here, Shopify Guru. :)

Great question, and yes, this is totally possible! It's actually a setting that you'd need to adjust through your Paypal Admin, but we have a handy doc that will explain the process: Let customers pay without a Paypal account.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact support 24/7.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Will try.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi - if this doesn't work, please email me directly at sam@expresstradecapital.com about an alternative payment gateway.  Thanks .

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Maggie_M wrote:

Hi Guy!

Maggie here, Shopify Guru. :)

Great question, and yes, this is totally possible! It's actually a setting that you'd need to adjust through your Paypal Admin, but we have a handy doc that will explain the process: Let customers pay without a Paypal account.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact support 24/7.

I think Pay Pal removed this feature? I see that option in my PayPal account, however it still asks for an account after checkout. Could you please confirm and if possible provide a solution?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 76 273

Hey, @bonuslevelstore!

With PayPal Express, the default is set to ask customers to log in to PayPal (or create a PayPal Account). From your PayPal Business account, you can allow customers to pay with their credit card even if they don't have their own PayPal account. To enable this feature, you need to have linked your own credit card to your PayPal account.

It's important to note that in some countries, PayPal requires that customers pay by using a PayPal account. To confirm whether this applies to the country where your business is located, you'll want to contact the PayPal support team. If you're also from Israel, and Paypal confirms that this isn't something you're able to enable on your store, then you could look into adding another payment provider such as 2Checkout to allow credit card payments. To view what other payment processors are available to Israel, you can use this link here. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes