PayPal Express Checkout

Generale1
2 0 1

Quick question

One of my customer just received a message that his order payment didn't work throught paypal express checkout.
Paypal did however charged the amount of the order.

On my costumer order information  I see the problem

The connection to the remote server timed out
Montant$
Passerelle
PayPal Express Checkout
Statut error
Typeauthorization

----
How can I refund him about that paypal payment.
He did another order with his credit card and it worked.

NestorLePreux
1 0 2

I got the same exact error this weekend : 

Can someone help in here please ?

PS : it's only on a few pourcentage of transactions, some works fine via paypal, but some client ran into errors like this.

Happy_Valley
Tourist
3 0 2

I'm having the same issue, I've had this happen 5 times in the past week. The money is taking from the customer, the order doesn't come through neither Shopify or PayPal are helping. We lost the sale and the customer is extremely frustrated as they want their money back

Leitwerk
Tourist
3 0 2

have exactly the same Problem....

birdietam
Tourist
3 0 16

This has happened to me 3 times in the past 24 hours. It is the first time I am experiencing this.

Any way to fix this? I've had to disable Paypal on my website temporarily as this has become a huge pain. I am lucky to have amazing and understanding customers, but I cannot say that this will be the case for everyone.

Diana_Axell
3 0 0

I am currently chatting with support about this. We had it happen on Friday and then again on Saturday seemingly at random. First the rep said it was PayPal's issue, and then they said it's been resolved, but clearly it hasn't been if you've encountered it 3 times in the last 24 hours...

0 Likes
Brad_McGinty
7 0 0

I'm having the same issue. I have 3 MIA orders so far. The paypal funds are there, but the order is not in Shopify. Looks like mine started on October 5th. Looking forward to some help on this.

0 Likes
DevMM1
1 0 0

We're getting the same error too. Has anyone figured out how to find the order details?

0 Likes
birdietam
Tourist
3 0 16
Check the abandoned checkouts. I was able to find the in there.
0 Likes
Jordan_L
Trailblazer
216 1 108

If you recieved payment via Paypal your Order should be in Abandoned Cart. At least that's how this error is showing up for us.

We've run into the same issue and have traced it to starting Oct 1st at 4am ICT Oct 3rd (first abandoned cart was Oct 1st, but first attempted payment on that order was Oct 3rd)

We've had 11 orders which were paid in paypal, but left in Abandoned Cart in Shopify. Customers were complaining, so we looked into it.

We have 3 stores and this is only happening on a single store. Granted that store has the majority of sales.

We've contacted Shopify and they've told us there is no issue and that it's our customers/paypal's fault, which is not an appropriate answer. Essentially saying there's no issue.

We've talked with Paypal as well and they are blaming Shopify. 

I can understand some kind of race condition could allow this to happen rarely, but due to the large number of failed orders in the past 7 days, which have not happened in the past, something is wrong here and needs to be resolved. This hasn't happened in the past this often, so there is some new issue.

To attempt to resolve this issue, we've disconnected Paypal as a payment option and re-enabled it. Perhaps it's a expired API token or something. I'll follow up if this has resolved the issue for us.

0 Likes