PayPal Express buy now buttons on product pages

Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 4

Hi, 

When I implement "Paypal Express' does the 'PayPal But Now" buttons appear on the product pages?  I thought they did by default? but they don't seem to be? 

Or am I thinking of another PayPal purchasing product? If you could clarify that would be great

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
19 0 2

Hi Fred,

Jenn here, a Guru with Shopify!

The PayPal Express button is meant to display on the Cart page, after a customer has clicked "Add to Cart" from the Product page. They also have the option served to them again on the final payment page of the Checkout. 

I hope that helps! If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to our support team: help.shopify.com/questions

Cheers!
Jenn

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 4

Hi

Yes we have that, but I am sure years ago or more recently, by using PayPal Express it inserted the 'Buy Now' buttons on product pages. 

I don't mean specifically with shopify but on other websites, I have seen them and typical I now cannot find an example. 

Maybe it can be coded into the product pages?

1 Like
Highlighted
8 0 0

I'd like to do this too but the cart code didn't work. Here is an example of

BUY WITH PAYPAL right next to the ADD TO CART on the PRODUCT PAGE

https://bluecrate.com/products/animal-paw-socks

What would the code be?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Yeah it automatically changes buy now button to PayPal on all product pages, I’m trying to workout how to change it back to buy now
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 5

Did you ever figure out how to fix this its really annoying me it just changed by itself.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

Hey, @Davidp17, & @Richie79!

In short, how the button appears, is based on what you have enabled in Settings/Payment Providers & what applies to your customer. The only way (at this time) to keep it as a "Buy Now" button would be to disable the payment providers listed below. I've also provided the TLDR (to long don't read) version below in case you're curious! 

To provide some context, the "Buy Now" button you're referring to are considered "dynamic checkout buttons." Customers can use the dynamic checkout button to quickly buy the product they're viewing. They skip the cart and complete their payment with the checkout method displayed on the button. The button dynamically changes to reflect the customer's preferred accelerated checkout method.

The checkout method that's displayed on the button depends on a few factors:

• your payment settings
  • the customer's browser
  • the customer's device
  • the customer's personal payment history

There are two different kinds of dynamic checkout buttons:

• Unbranded - These buttons display Buy it now text. When a customer clicks an unbranded button, they skip the cart and go to the Shopify checkout.

• Branded - These buttons show the logo for a third-party accelerated checkout method. When a customer clicks a branded button, they complete their payment with that accelerated checkout method. The following third-party accelerated checkout methods are available:

Only the payment methods that you've enabled in your payment settings appear as options to your customers. If you don't have a third-party accelerated checkout method enabled, then only the unbranded button is displayed. 

Hope that helps!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1
Cheers for that mate
Much appreciated
1 Like