PayPal PLUS custom integration needed

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Dear fellow Shopify users, developers,

I am in a desperate need for custom built integration of PayPal PLUS for my store. Unfortunately, I am lacking the time and capacities required (and the coding knowledge) to do this myself.

Is there anyone willing to help me out? Should any compensation be required in terms of money - NO PROBLEM! I am up for negotiations.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Dennis

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 104

Hi there Dennis!

Don here from Shopify!

I had a quick look around on your store and it looks like the store is 'Made with THE force and love in Germany.' :)

As such, you'd need to use one of the payment gateways available for use in Germany with your Shopify store.

Currently, the PayPal Express Checkout is the only version of PayPal available for use with your store based in Germany. There would be no way to custom integrate a gateway which is not on the list of available gateway integrations there.

That said, I have let the relevant internal team know about your request here so we are at least aware of the requirements of our merchants in this regard.

Should we add more payment gateways in Germany you would see these options present in your admin (in settings > payments) and we would also update the list page I have linked here.

Hope this clears up the situation a little.

You can always reach out to us via chat, phone or email on our support site if you ever have further questions! :)

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Hi Don,

thanks for 'clearing up the situation', although that really didn't help at all.

So I'd like to ask you to shed more light on this problem: I have the info from a couple of Shopify experts, that a custom solution can be constructed. Otherwise I would not have even bothered to ask for it here in the forum. Which side is right now?

Moreover, I have to ask this: PayPal PLUS is around for a quite a while now and the issue of not having access to it is about as old.

1. What is the reason or problem behind not making it available for German merchants on Shopify? I'd appreciate a response from your internal team on that matter.

2. What is the timeline: when is Shopfy planning to implement it?

I can only say: I am losing customers because of that to great extend and Shopify is about to lose one customer as well...

Looking forward to an answer, thanks!

Dennis

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

[response]

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I agree with Dennis. Either there should be a solution or a really good explanation as to why not. You would expect Shopify to have all the Paypal Solutions out there, also for Germany. Could you please add it for Germany?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am with the guys! I was just about to create a shop and then realized that it`s not possible to integrate paypal plus. It made me look if I can maybe find another provider. Bummer! Because actually I really do like shopify...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

It seems Shopify and Paypal cannot reach a compromise or agreement on adding PayPal Plus

0 Likes