PayPal Payflow Pro Canada Store Intigration

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello, I am trying to use PayPal Payflow Pro as my shop's payment system as I need to accept USD and send it to a Canadian bank account in CAD without opening a USD bank account.

The issue is that I cant get it to properly set up because when I try to see if it works in my check out I get an error stating "Invalid vendor account."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
574 20 183

Hey, Michael!

I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify. ??

The error message you're experiencing is caused by entering incorrect Paypal credentials. You can find the full instructions on how to set up the gateway here on Paypal's website. If you are still having trouble, I'd recommend you reach out to Paypal's customer support, let them know exactly which credentials you're entering and the error message and I'm sure they will help you find the solution. You can find their contact details here.

I hope you manage to get it sorted out quickly! Let me know if there is anything else you need. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Aria,

Those instructions and paypal support (which I looked at and tried before posting this) don't work so I am trying my luck here. It is essential that I get my store working as soon as possible. The instructions are terrible. 

I have 3 fields from the shopify api, API Username, API Password and Signature.

Fields required from Shopify include and do not match the PayPal fields, Merchant Login / Vendor (API Username?), Password (API Password?) and Partner(?).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
574 20 183

Hey, Michael,

Aria again!

This is what you need to set it up: 

The information is all provided by Paypal in your Paypal Business Account. Shopify staff don't have any access to be able to verify for you that the information is correct. Paypal customer support has been able to help other merchants by explaining exactly what information they need to put in there. It can help if you copy and paste the information from your Paypal account, rather than typing it. 

I hope they can help you figure it out. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

To be honest, putting the same information in red doesn't help me find the information I need to get from PayPal as those fields don't exist on my PayPal Business account. The information I posted above is what they say I need.

Shopify and PayPal really need to get together and figure out how to make a user friendly tutorial on how to set this up.

I'm sending another email to PayPal to see if I can get any furhter with them.

1 Like