PayPal Payflow Pro "Invalid Vendor Account" Error

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am unable to process any payment through paypal on my website. I think the error is because of the API Signature. Paypal provides 3 API credentials. 

1. API Username
2. API Password
3. Signature

In shopify payments settings >> Accept payment through credit card >> PayPal Payflow Pro

There are 4 blanks for credentials

1. Merchant Login / Vendor - This is where I enter my API Username
2. Password - This is where I entered API Password
3. Partner - I don't know what this is about
4. User (Optional)

Ther is no space provided to enter the "signature" from my API credentials.

How do I fix this and accept payments through PayPal Payflow Pro?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 0 23

Hey Siddiqui,

This is Oswald, a Guru here at Shopify!

The error you are getting is due to the incorrect credentials provided and most likely it is due to the "Partner" field been left blank.

The Partner ID would be PayPal if the account was purchased directly from PayPal if it was purchased from a reseller, they will need to provide you this information. 

Hope the information above helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to the Guru team. :)

Cheers!

Oswald | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

I have folllowed these instructions and added PayPal as the partner and still getting the "invalid vendor account" error.  Everything on PayPal has been approved. Not sure what is causing the issue. Please help! 

Highlighted
1 0 0

I also have been experiencing this issue and i have all the API credentials entered in correctly. i would very much like to know why this is happening.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

i am getting this error  please fix it team in urgently

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 7

Guys did you ever manage to find a solution?

I have the same issue. Contacted PayPal, who directed me to Shopify, and Shopify "guru" said I should deactivate and activate again... Just guess if that worked ;)

Anyone know what to do? 

0 Likes