PayPal Payment Order Pending

brandonusmany
1 0 1

Hi Everyone can I get some help please, 

Ok so I had a customer purchase something from me through PayPal Express checkout and the order says it's "pending payment" however 

I did not have my PayPal account activated or connected yet prior to the order. 

So then I went ahead and activated my PayPal account and its not set up. However the order still says it's "pending payment"

But, this morning I received a new order from a customer thru PayPal Express checkout and it went thru, however my previous orders thru PayPal Express

are still saying it's pending. Does anyone know what I should do?

J_sharde
1 0 1

I had the same issue today.  If the email on your PayPal account is different from the email you use to sign into shopify that could be the problem. I added my shopify email to PayPal and set it as primary.  Then I updated the PayPal payments email in my shopify settings to match. The payments automatically processed and the funds showed up in my PayPal. Hopes this helps!

BB9618
2 0 0

I have a new store, Backyard Bakery. I received two PayPal payments before my store was linked to PayPal Express checkout.  I have since gotten my PayPal and store linked properly, but the payments are still pending.  I have spent hours on message support with PayPal, but they say they cannot see that pending sales, and that I need to get helped by Shopify. Shopify does not have chat/message support or phone support.  I know other stores have had this problem. Does anyone know how to solve it? Thank you.

0 Likes
TshirtHapiness
1 0 0

Did you ever get this resolved?  How were you able to get the pending payments to process?

0 Likes
bchernyukhin
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello - I'm having the same problem and I'm wondering if your payment ever went through. I got an order before i could set up paypal and i was alerted to set up the account. I did, but my payment didn't go through. it still says pending. 

Thank you

Barbara

0 Likes
BB9618
2 0 0
I was never able to get that payment paid from PayPal. The customer was
nice enough to pay by another method. I recommend you ask your customer to
pay differently until you get you store connected to your PayPal account.
So annoying, isn't it? I was pulling my hair out trying to get help from
either Shopify or PayPal.
0 Likes
bchernyukhin
Tourist
7 0 1
it's so strange! and yes, very annoying! I received a notification asking
me to set up my paypal in order to receive payment, but it's becoming clear
that it triggers nothing when you set up the payment and there is no way to
manually "try again".

Thank you for your response!
0 Likes
bchernyukhin
Tourist
7 0 1

I just want to give an update on this in case it helps someone else. I saw in an older reply that in order for a PayPal order to be processed the email on the PayPal account has to match the email tied to your Shopify account. 

My PayPal account was older, and when I tied it to Shopify, the PayPal account had a different email address. I first added the email tied to my Shopify account to my PayPal account in the account settings section. I made that email "Primary for Receiving Notifications", and Instantly the funds showed up in my account. It was clear that the funds were being held by PayPal. In other words, my customer saw the funds as charged. 

Hope this helps someone else!

Jhanea1
1 0 0

Thank you soooo much! This helped me fix my issue because PayPal and Shopify were of no real assistance.

0 Likes
ShopAinslee
1 0 2

Hello!

I had this same problem. My account was linked everything they requested was entered, my emails were even the same. I went to PayPal help center and talked to a person and they never replied. 

I fixed the problem by myself. I went to my account to check if the email on my PayPal and shopify were the same (they were) but I decided to reverify my email and that fixed the problem. I refreshed my shopify and PayPal and the payment finally went through! 

I hope that helps someone in some way!!