PayPal Payment Order Pending

Highlighted
2 0 7

Hi Everyone can I get some help please, 

Ok so I had a customer purchase something from me through PayPal Express checkout and the order says it's "pending payment" however 

I did not have my PayPal account activated or connected yet prior to the order. 

So then I went ahead and activated my PayPal account and its not set up. However the order still says it's "pending payment"

But, this morning I received a new order from a customer thru PayPal Express checkout and it went thru, however my previous orders thru PayPal Express

are still saying it's pending. Does anyone know what I should do?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

I had the same issue today.  If the email on your PayPal account is different from the email you use to sign into shopify that could be the problem. I added my shopify email to PayPal and set it as primary.  Then I updated the PayPal payments email in my shopify settings to match. The payments automatically processed and the funds showed up in my PayPal. Hopes this helps!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a new store, Backyard Bakery. I received two PayPal payments before my store was linked to PayPal Express checkout.  I have since gotten my PayPal and store linked properly, but the payments are still pending.  I have spent hours on message support with PayPal, but they say they cannot see that pending sales, and that I need to get helped by Shopify. Shopify does not have chat/message support or phone support.  I know other stores have had this problem. Does anyone know how to solve it? Thank you.

0 Likes