PayPal express redirect to cart instead of checkout

Highlighted
8 0 0

I have PayPal Express button inside product page. After PayPal confirmation it sends user to checkout page. I am wondering if it would be possible to redirect to cart after paypal confirmation and not to checkout.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 106

Hi, @JohnyFree!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

The PayPal Express button on your product page is a dynamic checkout button. The purpose of a dynamic checkout button is that it leads customers to an accelerated checkout method, usually a gateway like PayPal Express, Apple Pay, G Pay, or Shopify Pay. With an accelerated checkout, the dynamic checkout button lets customers checkout more quickly, skipping the cart and completing their transaction with the payment method displayed on the button. 

If this is something you’re wanting to prevent, it might be worth removing the dynamic checkout button from your product page. Once you do this, you can still promote payment gateways like PayPal Express as available methods by using a trust badge app like Free Trust Badge Master or Free Trust Badge. Both of these apps allow you to add payment icons to your product pages. These icons include the logos for payment methods like PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, and more. 

Using one of these apps would offer a great workaround if you aren’t wanting to keep the dynamic checkout buttons. However, having the option of an accelerated checkout can definitely make it easier and faster for customers to checkout on your store, so it might be worth keeping it as-is. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes