PayPal not working in checkout

Highlighted
3 0 0

I've set up my store a few days ago and selected a plan, I'm getting the following message on PayPal express checkout when I try to test it-

Express checkout isn't available right now. Try refreshing the page or fill out your information to check out.

Not sure what's wrong.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hey, @itay4!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Paypal payment gateway. Can you send me a screenshot of the error message please and let me know the steps you are taking up until you get that error message. Have you set up the gateway using this guide? Where are you based? 

Once I have a bit more information I can troubleshoot this a bit more for you, however as it a third party payment gateway, then your best bet may be speaking with Paypal's support directly here

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Lulu,

Thanks for your reply. I'm proceeding to checkout as if I'm making a purchase the following is showing-Capture.PNG

I haven't seen anything related. I'm based in Israel.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Itay

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, the problem seemed to go away. PayPal works now. Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Oh, that is great, glad to hear that. It was probably Paypal doing some updates on their end.

Also, while I have you, don't forget to check out our Shopify Academy, we have so many free short courses that are really informative. You can enrol at any time here!

All the best,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I have exactly the same problem. I have tried contacting PayPal but no response. Are you able to advise me what the problem is please. It is affecting two stores. Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

i'm having the same problem , eny advices ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi, PayPal very quickly checked my website and confirmed that it was indeed
working.

It was my error - when I looked at the checkout page when 'customising' my
site - the PayPal box appeared to have an error. But when I checked
the website and went through to checkout as a normal customer, it was
working fine.
Highlighted
2 0 0

I just figured that out, but thx anyway

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Maybe it has something to do with country where you're making this transaction. I know that in some countries even gaming paypal usa  can be a little tricky. You need to find that out. My cousin was in the same situation not long ago. 

0 Likes