PayPal payments - linked to primary email address and not secondary email

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 2 4

I was just setting up my PayPal payments so that Shopify was fully linked to my Paypal account. I logged in with my shop domain email which in PayPal is set up as a secondary email, however, once agreeing to permissions for Shopify to access PayPal it shows (in Shopify under settings > payment providers) that the connected account is the email address that is set up as the primary email in PayPal and not the email address that I logged in with. How do I change it so that Shopify correctly picks up the shop domain email? I want to make sure that any customers see that email address and not any other email addresses I have set up in PayPal.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also having this problem. Even if I deactivate paypal in shopify and make my secondary email  the primary email within paypal it still picks up the old primary email address when I reactivate in shopify and log into paypal with the store email.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 2 4

This is an accepted solution.

Actually changing the primary email address to my store email in PayPal actually worked for me.

I reset the primary email (within PayPal settings) to the store email I wanted to be shown in Shopify. I waited for about half an hour, then went to Shopify payment settings and deactivated the PayPal express checkout. I reactivated it logging in with my store email and accepted the linking of PayPal and Shopify. It's now showing in Shopify PayPal payments area as the store email address that I wanted.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Thanks was looking for the same too

0 Likes