PayPal- pending payment

ROKKAR
4 0 0

Hi, 

I've recently had a few buyers where once they have purchased, there payment will be pending? This has happened a couple of times where in the end the payment is cancelled? 

Buyers have been from Mexico, Chile and Argentina? Wondering if anyone knows why and what this is? 

Thank you

0 Likes
Daryoush_Shabah
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 26

Hey there!

I'm Daryoush - your friendly neighbourhood Shopify Guru! :)

Great question! When you receive an order via PayPal Express Checkout with a "Pending" status, this is usually an indication that the customer paid with an eCheck and it's being verified by PayPal - this can take between 3 to 5 business days. If the order status changes and it was unsuccessful, it could be due to a few reasons. For example, either PayPal thought the order was suspicious and the eCheck was unverified, the customer had insufficient funds in their bank account, or perhaps your PayPal account is set to not accept eChecks entirely.

I would recommend clicking on the "Unable to process a payment for x on PayPal Express Checkout" in the "Timeline" section of the order page, this will provide you with a "Message" to see what occurred. When you have more information, please contact PayPal, they will be able to advise on next steps. In the meantime, please take a look at this PayPal Article to read more about eChecks.

I hope this helps and have a lovely day!

Cheers,
Daryoush

Covers
1 0 1

We have the same issue. However when calling PayPal, the auto response says "Due to Covid please go to website"
Customer says money has left her account but it will not mover over now due to PayPal, I assume was not set to integrate beforehand.

Can Shopify move payment over as it shows paid but no funds have come into my account?
Regards.

Caroline

dannycohen81
Excursionist
24 1 0

Hi my name is Danny and I work with Best Merchant Services. 

We are a full service payments company specializing in processing for high risk businesses and stores being shut down by Shopify, Stripe, PayPal, and Square.

I you are having a hard time getting approved or staying open, please contact us at danny@bestmerchantservices.com

We have a 99% approval rate and we offer next day funding.

Contact me for your CBD store, or any other high risk/hard to place business type.

0 Likes
UrbanGentlemen
1 0 0

Hello, 

I am having issues with Paypal pending and the beginning of August 5, 2020, I had a customer using her PayPal account and the payment went through I have to talk to somebody from Paypal and they have told they didn't receive any payment. So I am trying to figure out where the money went because I have to get this order ready to be shipping out soon. I really need some with this. 

0 Likes
erinslanyards
1 0 0

shopify paypal payments are pending its been 5 days did anyone get a solution should i cancel all the payments 

0 Likes
Emmell
1 0 0

Did you figure it out? I am a new online store and set up my paypal business account after receiving a few orders through paypal. Now they say pending and I am worried they will not go through.

0 Likes