PayPal works, however regular check out does not

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hello! 

My shop's checkout system is set up with PayPal Payments Pro, which has worked great so far.
However a customer notified me today that the regular checkout doesn't work, only the one marked "PayPal"

The regular Check Out fails at the last step, citing the following error: 
"Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes."

I'm unable to fathom why, nor am I able to figure out how to remove it.

Anyone able to help me?
I'd be satisfied with just having the PayPal Checkout option.

Checking abandoned carts reveals this error code "10565"

PayPal translates that to mean "The merchant country is not supported."
I live in Denmark, so I'd wager a guess that that's why.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
69 1 7

Hi Jonas, 

David here, Shopify Guru. 

I hopped onto your store to do some tests to see if I could get to the bottom of this myself. When I arrived at the checkout, it seems that at the moment Paypal is the only option available for myself here. 

What may be happening here is that there is caching of a previous Credit Card gateway connected to your store. I would suggest giving your cache a quick clear and testing the checkout again to see if the Credit Card option is still appearing! :) 

If you were looking for some supported Credit Card gateways in Denmark, I'd suggest taking a look at our listings of them here. There is a number of supported ones available such as 2Checkout, Authorise and Stripe! 

Have a good week and new year coming up! 

David W | Shopify Guru 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi David,

I'm facing similar issue. The regular PayPal payment is working well, but when I try to do regular cc payment, it shows me the same massage.

https://prnt.sc/fpzdo5

Thank you for your help.

Gjorgi

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

How do I clean up the cache?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi David,

How do I have someone check my site as my credit card option is not working as well: Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes is what i get as well.  Am i missing something?

Thank you,

Nelson

0 Likes