Payfast: Integration Test

1 0 0

An issue that we are currently experiencing is with the PayFast Test Integration. We successfully created a PayFast Merchant Account and used the same details on the payment provider configuration on Shopify.

However, we run tests using the check-out and payment process, we find that PayFast confirms that the payment transaction was successful, but when redirected to Shopify we return back to the payment page with an error: "Your payment can’t be processed for technical reasons. Try again or use a different payment method.", instead of the success page.

Kindly assist with resolving this error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Team 

Im having the same issue, was this ever resolved and if so how?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Also having this issue, please can someone assist immediately? Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi , I’m having same problem. Anyone know how to fix it or root cause?

@M_T2 wrote:

An issue that we are currently experiencing is with the PayFast Test Integration. We successfully created a PayFast Merchant Account and used the same details on the payment provider configuration on Shopify.

However, we run tests using the check-out and payment process, we find that PayFast confirms that the payment transaction was successful, but when redirected to Shopify we return back to the payment page with an error: "Your payment can’t be processed for technical reasons. Try again or use a different payment method.", instead of the success page.

Kindly assist with resolving this error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

There are a number of different issues during setup that can cause the redirect page to indicate the transaction was unsuccessful, even though the payment was successfully processed. We would need to investigate each case to determine why you're experiencing this issue. If you haven’t already, please send an email to our Support Team on merchantsupport@payfast.co.za and we'll gladly assist you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for the reply and for helping me solve the problem. 

As suggested I removed and readded the Merchant ID + Key payments processed successfully.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Did anyone solve this? We have exactly the same issue. Reapplied merchant ID and key to no avail. Transactions fail in sandbox, and when we go live the payment gets processed, but shopify still received a failure code and does not process the order. We take money and don't even know about the order. SO bad!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

@AsianGrey wrote:

Did anyone solve this? We have exactly the same issue. Reapplied merchant ID and key to no avail. Transactions fail in sandbox, and when we go live the payment gets processed, but shopify still received a failure code and does not process the order. We take money and don't even know about the order. SO bad!

Hi @AsianGrey 

You can find the test  information here:

"https://developers.payfast.co.za/documentation/#sandbox-tools"

When I received the error I tested in sandbox mode then changed it back and everything worked in PROD. 

Note: Make sure you don't have any spaces before and after when you copy 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks a lot for the short straight forward solution... Did exactly that and payment was fire-up and on its way as a charm! so that sweet short solution really works! :) Just re-enter the merchant ID and try again! :)  Thanks a guys

1 Like