Paying directly with a credit or debit card without creating a Paypal account - problem

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Hello,

I am using Shopify and Paypal, and I am located in Bulgaria. I am trying a test checkout with Paypal, and I must create an Paypal account and can't just use debit or credit card directly option. I read that option is available and I set it up in the settings (paypal account optional - ON). But still, there is no Pay with Debit or Credit card button, only Log in or create and account... Frustrating, it's a big problem. Please help, I need my customers to be able to checkout without creating an account or logging in, but directly with their card. Currently I can't use any other payment methods in Bulgaria, but Paypal. It will be terrible for the conversions if the customers are required to create an account. So sad. Any solutions are greatly appreciated.

Todor

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 80

Hi, Todor. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

I wanted to share some information with you about processing payments on your site. Each country has their own list of possible payment processors. The compatible options for Bulgaria are listed here

PayPal does allow some accounts to process payments without an account and through credit or debit transactions. If this is the case you would see an option to log in OR pay with one of these cards, like so, https://screenshot.click/14-50-ki4p0-qedxa.jpg. 

We have a doc with a little bit more information listed here and how things should look to set this up. If you do need some advice with your PayPal account, please contact them directly. Anything else, let us know!

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Thank you, but what you have written isn't helpful, because I already wrote about those things -  I have tried the paypal settings, to set up Paypal account optional to ON. And the few payment gateways available for Bulgaria are too diffucult to get approved for an account, that's why I can't currently use any of them. I need to find a solution, accepting just Paypal payments and forcing the customers to create an account, will ruin my store. So frustrated..

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Screenshot_20201118-180018_Chrome.jpg

Hello,
the same thing happens in my store.
in paypal I set a payment as a guest in the store is not available, he wants a name and password in paypal.
homegymdominance.com
please check.

Screenshot_20201118-175632_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201118-180018_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes