Paying with a PO number?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the need on our store to be able to have our customers pay with a PO#. Is this possible with Shopify? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 25

Hi, Jeremy!

Patrick, a Shopify Guru here :). 

At the moment, we don't have direct method of taking payments for a purchase order. That being said once you have received the PO and are ready to ship you can create  a new order which would update your inventory and let the customer pay for the items. Have a look here for more info about create a draft order

https://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/orders/create-orders

Hope that helps :)
Patrick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
89 1 36

Hi Jeremy,

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but you can also let your customers enter their PO numbers while shopping in your store and then automatically send them an invoice with our invoicing app.

Cheers,
Norbert

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I think the question if for business to business users who accept Purchase Orders as the initial method of payment and extend credit to the customers, either Net 15, Net 30 or Net 45. This means that the PO would be the confirmation of the order and the payment would occur after delivery.

Paypal has this function that allows for the payment not to actually be processed until the item arrives at the customer.

Without this functionality we would not be able to use Shopify for a B2B. 

The only workaround I can think of is creating a Quote and then executing the quote by using "Mark as Paid" but this isn't a great workaround unless you are using another system to receive payments in.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, Jeremy, 

Check out our new Purchase Orders app here https://apps.shopify.com/purchase-orders-1

You can:

• Draft orders as you go, arriving at a single larger order and cutting down on unnecessary handling fees
  • Stay on top of what you've already ordered, avoiding duplication or overstocking
  • Maximise your selling potential by updating Shopify the second your inventory arrives

Hope this helps

Dave

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is this string of code only compatible with your app?

0 Likes