Payment Error

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I recently made a Shopify account, made my store, and tested out a transaction to see if the payment would come through. However, when I try to sign up for Shopify payments it says "There are errors with this account: Account number can't be used because previous attempts to deliver payouts to this account have failed" My routing number and account number are correct, I don't know how to fix this and I have a payment waiting. Is there any way to obtain that payment without signing up for Shopify Payments? And is there any way for me to fix that "error"? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey, @JoaquinHigbee!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble receiving your payouts, and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I'd be happy to touch on a few reasons why this might be happening, and what you can do to resolve this error.

When you go to your failed payout, are you only seeing the options to "Update bank account details", or both "Retry payout" and "Update bank account details"?

Update bank account details

20-11-k0aom-1fg3n

If you're only seeing "Update bank account details", this is likely attributed to one of the following:

• No bank account on file
  • Bank account type is not supported or does not support the currency your shop is accepting payouts in.
  • Bank ownership changed (when a bank is taken over by another bank, sometimes bank account routing numbers will change)

In this case, you'll need to re-enter all your bank account details to resolve the issue. However, if after doing this the issue persists, please let me know or contact our support team and we'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Retry payout or Update bank account details

20-11-2htg9-lb8b8

While you might be able to retry some payout failures, it's best to ensure the cause of the error is resolved before attempting to retry. Here are some reasons why you might be receiving this error:

• Insufficient funds in the account to cover the debit
  • Shopify is not authorized to debit the account (you will need to whitelist Shopify Payments in this case)
  • Bank account type does not support debits
  • Back account is frozen or has closed

For these cases, the best practice is to confirm that the bank account on file is compatible with all the Shopify Payments bank account requirements such as correct account type, transfers enabled, correct currency.

If you need to whitelist Shopify please let me know what country your account is in, and I can see if I can locate the necessary whitelisting information for you. Otherwise, I hope this response provides you with the answer you're looking for! Let me know if there's anything else I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes