Payment Gateway Issues

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi 

Hoping that someone can help me. I am from Mauritius and see that shopify payments is not offered here. I have paypal express activated but also want a payment method for credit cards.

Which gateways fall under Mauritius? When I look at the options given, I have 2 listed under Mauritius: 2checkout and and Mastercard Payment Gateway Services. Is that all? 

Below is says 'other' and gives a long list of other gateways. Can I click on these or only the two given for Mauritius? 

Another questions, is Mastercard Payment Gateway Services a direct or indirect provider? I looked at the list of direct and indirect providers and I could see that 2checkout is an indirect provider but I can't see anything for Mastercard Payment Gateway Services.

I am a total newbie so I am feeling very confused by all of this. Really eager to get my shop going but not sure how to go forward from here.

Thank you

Kirsten

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
576 20 186

Hey Kirsten,

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify. :)

Since I don't have access to your store through forums, it's difficult to see exactly what your options are. It's unlikely there would be many for Mauritius so what you've described sounds about right. 

When you go to Settings > Payment Providers in your admin, the options for credit card gateways are always at the top:

My test store has a Canadian address so my screen will look a bit different from yours. 

I'm not sure which gateways are listed in your 'other' menu. I'm guessing they may not be credit card gateways, it may be things like Bitcoin. If it's listed, you can use it. In each case, you'd set up an account on the website for the gateway first, then use the information given to you by the gateway to complete setup in your Shopify store. 

Did you look into using 2Checkout or the Mastercard gateway? Is there a particular reason you don't want to use them?

They are all going to be indirect providers because Shopify Payments would be the only direct provider. The rest of them are considered third-party. 

We are looking to be more global. As we grow, more payment providers are likely to partner with us. I hope you find something that works for you in the meantime. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Kristen, were you able to find a solution ? 

I'm from Mauritius and struggling too with the gateway.

Regards

Steff

0 Likes