Payment Gateway Options if I dont have a SSN, nor an American Company

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I'm starting a dropshipping store, and its all set. I intend to sell in USA, however, I am experiencing really hard times trying to set up the payment gateways. 

My situation is the following:

• I do not have a SSN.
  • I am physically located in Venezuela.
  • I have a personal bank account in Florida (USA), and one in Puerto Rico. Both with billing addresses in USA and Puerto Rico accordingly.
  • I do not have a company established in the USA.

What payment options do I have to receive payments from American costumers to any of my personal bank accounts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
308 27 65

Hi, @nanomancera!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to the forums.

At this stage, Shopify Payments is not available in Venezuela. Although you're planning on targeting customers in the US, you need to reside there, or other approved countries, to use Shopify Payments. You can review the requirements for Shopify Payments right here.

Not using Shopify Payments doesn't mean you can't sell to the US. There are other payment gateways you can use that will accept USD. Check out this guide to see accepted payment gateways in Venezuela. If you're looking for a gateway that's not listed here, you'll need to reach out to them directly to see if they can offer any integrations.

It's great to hear you're starting a dropshipping store. Have you thought about using Oberlo to source your products? Oberlo is a great app that seamlessly syncs with AliExpress so you can import products to your store, and place orders directly through the app. We've written a great blog post which is your Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply Miles!

I am currently taking a look on those payment gateways options to see if they are suitable for my store. And yes, I am currently using Oberlo! 

I have a few other questions regarding the gateways though.

1) If I open an LLC in Wyoming or Delaware through an online Registered Agent will I be able to use Shopify payments?

In this case, I will be in possession of an EIN, a US bank account in the name of the LLC, a US address provided by the Registered Agents (the address would be their offices).

2) If I open an LLC in a tax haven (like the Cayman Islands or The Bahamas) will I be able to use Shopify payments?

In this case, I would not be in possession of a EIN, I will have a US bank account in the name of the LLC, and an address in the tax haven.

0 Likes