Payment Gateway for Cambodian merchants

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

My Shopify store is in Cambodia. I can't use PayPal Express Checkout. What's good gateway for me since my targeted customers are in USA?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
10 0 3

Hi there, Borin.

I'm Ren, a Guru here at Shopify. Thanks for reach out today.

The PayPal Express Checkout is actually avialble to our Shopify Merchants in Cambodia. After your first sale, PayPal will email you, to your Account Owner email, with instructions for setting up a PayPal Merchant account and claiming your funds.

Your targeted customers in the United States will then be able to checkout on your store using PayPal. 

You can see all the available Payment Gateways for Cambodia here - http://bit.ly/2EZxRCZ.

I hope these are of use to you, and if you have any further questions please let me know. We also have toll-free 24/7 support via online chat/phones/emails and social media. You can reach the Support Team here - http://bit.ly/2EZ8Fwn.

Best of luck with your store!

Ren | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi, Ren

I have contacted to PayPal already but the respond is no.

I also have mentioned about having a store on shopify to shopify then still imposible for merchant in cambodia.

I already have a store on shopify and still awaiting luck to my store for payment.

thank you

lon

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1057 62 124

Hi there!

Don here from Shopify!

From my understanding; it's possible for your customers to pay for their orders into your PayPal account based in Cambodia; though PayPal is not able to pay out into your Cambodian bank account.

This is usually due to some lack of functionality or compatibility on the side of the bank accounts, though you'd need to contact PayPal directly for confirmation.

One thing we have seen merchants do in regions where PayPal is not fully supported like this is to have their PayPal pay out into a bank account based in another country (one which they would support), though again you'd need to work with PayPal on how you could set this up and what would be acceptable to them.

Finally, there are some alternative gateways available in Cambodia that you can use if you can't find a way to make PayPal work for your store.

You can also reach out to us any time, 24/7 via our support site if there's anything else we can do for you here!

All the best!

Regards,
Don 

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

Hello, Good Morning

This is ahamed from Cambodia. Since 5months i'm using Shopify. everybody Thinking Paypal is working in Cambodia but its is Totally Wrong. i tried all those ways to work with paybal finally my result is fail also i communicate with the Experts payment gateway Providers in Cambodia they said for the Cambodia Country payments gateways are 1.payway(Aba Bank) 2.ipay88 3.acleda E commerce payment gateway. these are possibility ways to ingrate payments in Cambodia but shopify providing 1.Bitcoin 2.Coinbase 3.Gocoin 4.split monthly even though those 4 Payment gateways are doesn't supports the top bank list in Cambodia.. My question is we are choosing the shopify for to explore the online shopping to the customers also to make a easy payments. If payment method is doesn't supports the popular banks in Cambodia what is the need we are using Online Shopping in shopify. still we are using the COD nothing difference between our normal shopping & Online Shopping. every 2 weeks i request to your customers support to adding the payment gateways which can be easier for our region. still we didn't get any updates from your side. i hope this message will be give good replay for us...Bye

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Bro Im from Cambodia too and you can contact "Cambodia Hotline" I think they might can help you out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

Cambodia Hot Line ! I didn't get Could u pls give Exact Contact Address