Payment Gateway for Indian websites

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

Hi

Does anyone in this forum have experience running shopify websites in India.  I have heard a lot of negative reviews on the payment gateway choices

Thanks

Kalaivani

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
226 0 92

We're working on an Indian gateway solution that we hope to launch in the next couple of months. Stay tuned.

Louis : Product @ Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there an update for Indian Payment Gateways? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey Shopify team, 

pretty upset with the options(option) on the Indian Payment Gateways. I have just opened a store and now i have to rethink after seeing that there are no major Indian paymant gateway providers in the list. Paypal does not accept INR. 

Is there an update coming this month ? 

Regards

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
226 0 92

We'll be going live with PayU.IN in the next week or two. Feel free to get started on an application there anytime.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hello, I'm currently testing shopify and was wondering if you have an update on payu.in?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
226 0 92

@Rohan -- I've enabled PayU on your shop. You can now find PayU in the gateway dropdown of your checkout settings. 

If anyone else would like to have PayU India enabled on their shop, please respond directly in this thread, or email support@shopify.com, referencing this post's url.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Louis,

Many thanks for the quick turnaround time. Two questions.

1) Is Shopify entering into a similar agreement (waiving the Set up fee & AMC) with PayU - http://stories.zepo.in/post/45900289019/payu-payment-gateway-free-with-zepo

2) Does Shopify support Payupaisa (also owned by Payu India) - https://www.payupaisa.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi Louis,

I also have a store on shopify India and I have been struggling to link it with payment options as other users in the thread. I just came across this thread and It would be really helpful if you could please also link my store to PayU at the earliest. 

Thanks a lot. 

Akshyat

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
226 0 92

Hi Akshyat, you should now be all set to use PayU.

0 Likes