Payment Gateway not requiring a PayPal merchant account

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

Which are the Payment Gateways that accept PayPal as a payment method but don't require the merchant to have a PayPal Merchant Account? (I so far only found 2Checkout and Worldpay)

Thank you,
Bilel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Hi @bilel216,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Would you be able to clarify what you're asking a little more, please? I'm not 100% sure what you mean. PayPal would be a separate payment gateway/ method to other gateways such as 2Checkout and Worldpay and they wouldn't really interact.  PayPal is not a direct card payment method and works in its own separate way to the other gateways also. 

It is possible to sell to customers via PayPal who don't have a PayPal account though. Shopify has a help document going into more detail about this which you can read here

Hope that helps and looking forward to hearing from you with some more details. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your reply.

Not requiring from customers to have a paypal account is an interesting feature, but it's not exactly what I meant.

As you already specified, PayPal is a different method of payment and most payment gateways forward you to PayPal hosted website to fulfill the PayPal payments. However, there are actually few payment gateways which will create a PayPal Business Account for their merchant and they these merchant don't have to interact with PayPal at all.

To give you an example, worldpay will give you that option. Further details are in the links below:

Link 1: http://support.worldpay.com/support/kb/gg/paypal/paypalcg.htm#paymentflowflowchart.htm%3FTocPath%3D_...

Link 2: http://support.worldpay.com/support/kb/gg/paypal/paypalcg.htm#home.htm%3FTocPath%3D_____1

Regards,

Bilel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Thanks for getting back to me @bilel216.

Ah ok, I see what you mean now. Can I ask what country you are based in? The reason I ask is that I can share what payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in your country and you can reach out to them to see if they can work with PayPal to give you this feature. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Nick,

I am based in Tunisia.

Thank you,

Bilel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Thanks @bilel216,

The payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in Tunisia are:

Your best bet here would be to see if any of the gateways above accept payments with PayPal like you are looking to do as they would be the gateways for the country you are based in. 

0 Likes