What could be causing PayPal payment gateway issues in Printify-Shopify for Philippines?

Hani3
Visitor
1 0 0

Can someone help me? I am from the Philippines but I'm doing dropshipping using Printify-Shopify.

I'm having a hard time fixing the payment gateway for PayPal. Everytime I try to order and use my card it is decline, I tried it with my other card and still decline. I make sure that this two card is all good.

Reply 1 (1)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Hani3,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query, hope you're having a great day!

Great question! So it's likely to be an issue with the payment method you are using, as this would be the most common reason why Paypal can't process the funds for the order. Other than this, you might not have activated your Paypal account fully. Paypal's customer support would be able to double-check this for you. 

If you open your Shopify account and click Orders > Abandoned Checkouts, I'd recommend taking a look at the history of the order to help determine why Paypal couldn't accept the payment. I've created an example in the screenshot below on how that should look in your admin.

01-58-0pq17-d4lvt

When you click the error as shown in my screenshot, if it says something such as "Please redirect your customer to PayPal", then this means that there was an error with the customer's credit card/payment method and it's not an issue with your own Paypal account. 

That being said, Paypal's customer support can always confirm the above with you if you would like to contact their support (here). 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog