Payment Gateway

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I'm a starter in Shopify but I chose to close my store first and I decide to comeback if things will be clarified so Help me guys :)
May I ask for some response from you guys who have experienced already.

My questions are;

1. My store is Philippine Based. What should be my payment gateway so that my customers can pay and i can claim the funds.

ePacket is not available in the Philippines, so i decided to target USA citizens since ePacket is available there.

2. How will i configure my shipping and tax settings?

Thanks and looking forward for your responses 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 79

Hey Alvin, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

I'm happy to hear that you're doing your homework before considering to return to Shopify! We'll be here for you when you're ready! 

As for your questions, for starters, you can see a full list of payment gateways to integrate into your store on this page. It won't matter where in the world people are located as they'll still be able to pay you through this method. These are all third party companies, so you'll need to reach out to them directly to find out things like fees or payout schedules, so doing that will help you make the right decision. 

As for tax settings, this page in our Shopify Manual will tell you how to configure the settings in your store. What you should charge though is something you need to figure out on your end. Tax laws vary from country to country, and things like where you plan to sell, and what you're selling can also affect what you should charge. In this case, your best bet will be to reach out to a local tax representative and go over what you should set your rates to. It's also good to note it's up to you to put aside what you collect in taxes in order to file them at their designated time. 

When it comes to shipping, we let you create shipping rates to suit your needs! You can create weight based rates or price based rates. Check out this page in our Shopify Manual to find out more about that. What would be helpful is to reach out to whichever carrier you want to use to ship your products and see what they would charge you, then mimic your rates to match theirs. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 2 1

There is a local card processing payment gateway here called Paymongo  https://www.paymongo.com 

You can accept credit card or Gcash [ An e-wallet payment solution here in the Philippines ]  Paymongo is also launching their installment payment plans. 

Watch this to integrate your store with Paymongo. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLUqyv8hWnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVJ37RHDg7k

0 Likes