Payment Pending against wrong

Sam03
1 0 0

Hi there,

I have searched the forums already and I can see this is a common problem. I am having an issue with my paypal payments of which I realised I had mistakenly used the wrong email address which I do not have access to. I have now switched to the correct email address and a trial order placed processed with no issues. It now appears to be processing okay, however, the previous orders are still pending against the old email address of which I do not have access to. Is there a way of redirecting the payments to the updated email address? Please may you advise what is the best way to rectify this issue?

Thanks.

0 Likes

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2543 327 518

Hey, @Sam03

When it comes to payments processed by Paypal it would be best to reach out to Paypal Support as they'll be able to provide further troubleshooting steps. Open up the orders that appear as "pending" in your Shopify admin, then scroll down to the "Order Timeline." From there, click on the payment line, then information from the payment gateway. The data you see here will be the data you want to give to Paypal to help them locate the funds and help transfer them over to the proper account. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
yfrancisco
1 0 0

I did the same error and what Paypal needs is the wrong email address used. I offered everything else such as Gateway, etc. and they said NOPE we need the wrong email address in order to transfer the transaction to my correct email address. I pushed the agent until he sent me to paypal.com/mts where  I was able to submit the information. Now I am waiting for their development team to find the transactions and move them to my account.

0 Likes