Why is my Shopify store encountering a payment processing error?

crewsherring
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, 

I've never had this issue before, but for some reason this week my customers can no longer check-out. When trying to pay via credit card or PayPal, the cart page just becomes an endless loop back to itself. The tab at the top of the browser says "Error-payment" but that's all the information I can find.  I've confirmed that there is not a problem with the PayPal link or credit cards on the backend. Any thoughts of what I should do? 

Thanks for your help,

Catherine Herring

OldSouthernCharm.com

Replies 3 (3)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @crewsherring!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out here via our Community forums and for the info and link that you shared here.

I took a look at your store alright and was able to add an item to the cart and proceed to the checkout, but was not able to test your order flow in the checkout as this would require making a genuine purchase.

Would you be able to share any images of the payment error as you or your customers experience it so I can check it out?

If you can also confirm which credit card gateway you're using and where your store is based, we can check to see how you might be able to proceed here.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

crewsherring
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks, Don! So there's not a message in the screen (it just loops back to the same page over and over when you select "pay"). The message is up in the tab and it just says "error". 

I'm using the regular Shopify credit card processing and PayPal. Both have the same results as above. My business is run out of Houston, Texas.

Thanks for your help,

Catherine  

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi again @crewsherring!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for getting back to me here and for sharing that info on the error, that's great!

This sounds like a less usual issue affecting your store, as it is occurring across different payment methods and there is no error message or code being displayed.

As such, we'd need to take a closer look at your store directly with you in a secure fashion.

If you could reach out to support via our help centre we'll be able to investigate this further with you.

You can just share the info you've relayed here with them as well so we're ready to get to work ASAP.

All the best!

Regards,

Don 

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog