Payment Providers for international countries without Stripe (any suggestion?)

seojeo
3 0 0

Hi, I just started my store yesterday and am only using Paypal Express Checkout as the main payment method. I live in South Korea, where Stripe is not supported. I have the option of using Paypal Express Checkout, 2checkout, Asiabill,  and Sezzle.

Currently, I am experiencing more than 70% of "initiated checkout" customers not converting. It could possibly be due to other reasons, but since some of them contacted via email asking for other option for payment, I want to add another payment method.

I went through 2checkout approval process, but they declined since my product, beauty-and-health-related, goes against their legally accepted product list. I am mostly focusing on the health products so 2checkout could be an option later for some kind of a smartphone case store, but not for the store I run currently.

I googled some of the other methods, such as adding Paymentwall as an "Alternative payments", but they have horrible reviews on TrustPilot. And they have crazy fees of 3.9% + $.30 per transaction. And Asiabill does not even have the proper English page.

So my question is, what could be the best choice for the store that has the following problems?

• Only has Paypal Express Checkout
  • Doesn't have Stripe as an option
  • Sells product not allowed on  2checkout (beauty/health product claiming to treat/improve conditions)

Has anyone used alternative payment methods like Paymentwall before?

Thank you!

0 Likes
HonerOh
3 0 0

Hi, 

Did you get feedback on this question? I have the same topic. I have addressed it to Shopify so if I have feedback I will let you know.

Are you selling your products with USD or KRW? Does this have an implementation? as I see this statement below on Shopify.

You should review any potential legal or tax implications involved with selling in a currency that is different from the one associated with the country where your store is located.
Another user was rejected by 2checkout as his beauty products were unchecked/tested products from Korea to USA, but it looks like its all...

0 Likes
seojeo
3 0 0

No feedback yet. I think Korea is one of the countries with an extreme restriction on payment gateways.

I thought about 2checkout but the product selection would be very limited so I am looking for another one. 

I also want to know how Paymentwall is if there's anyone who's used its service before.

0 Likes
kyle1027
1 0 0

Hi, have you resolved this? I currently have exactly same problem.

0 Likes
HonerOh
3 0 0
2checkout has been an absolute nightmare to deal with.

I'm currently still only on PayPal and it's draining the life out of my business.

I might need to remarket new products to the age niche of people using PayPal, how sad :)

Lets get in contact if we have the same mindset and maybe we can help eachother
0 Likes
heyhicham
1 0 0

i had the same issue you guys had, but since now i got a company from the UK is also got a stripe account to receive payments easily.

try to use a service from a website called privatily, they are the best.

0 Likes
Bestray
12 0 0
Https://Incorpuk.com is the best way to get Stripe from an Unsupported county. Just search about them on Google. Their support are wonderful. You can contact their livechat Support from their website and they will answer your questions and assist you. I used them when I launched my 6 figure Dropshipping store. Also, you can check their reviews on Trustpilot.
0 Likes
Wael_Elkholi
Tourist
5 0 2

Have you tried them or know anyone that tried them? I am trying to get their service but all payment options to them are banned!! they seem suspicious!

0 Likes