Payment by bank deposit - order fulfilment

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hello. I want to activate payment method by bank deposit but I wonder if I can manually accept the order before it will be fulfilled? I work with a 3PL (warehouse that stores my stock and packs my orders). Normally if I have stock and the order is placed it goes straight to the pack queue. So in case with customers paying by bank card it's not a problem as they will have settled the payment. But if a person choses bank deposit and order gets packed and sent away without me authorising that transaction there will be a problem. Does anyone know if the order fulfilment process for manual payment is different than for the card transactions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
132 5 19

Hello,

I want to activate payment method by bank deposit but I wonder if I can manually accept the order before it will be fulfilled?

Yes, you can. You can go into your order page and manually create order and mark the payment as  "pending". Once the payment has been confirmed, you can then go back to the order and mark it as being "paid", where you can just fulfill the order from the warehouse. 

You might want to experiment on the logistics between receiving the payment and fulfilling the order, but it should not be too difficult to figure out.

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @mikeshik7!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to elaborate on how manual payments work. How do you currently notify your 3PL about new orders?

After your customer submits an order through bank deposit, you'll see the order as "Payment pending" in addition to "Unfulfilled" like this:

17-11-19aj8-7hhfk

17-10-a7ieq-n5jbe

If your 3PL is set up as a custom fulfillment by going to your Settings > Shipping > Accounts and integrations section Manage integrations > Add fulfillment service, they won't receive the order email notification until you've marked the item or complete order as fulfilled. This will give you an opportunity to accept the payment, and mark the order as paid before proceeding with fulfillment and notifying your fulfillment service.

If your fulfillment service is notified in a different manner, this may change the processing, so please let me know otherwise. I hope this information helps!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi there and thank you for the explanation. I'm integrated with 3PL via API. I know that for the normal card paid orders 3PL receives the order as it lands in my shop and then they will start working on it if there is stock (order in queue). So you mean that for manual payments  it will be different, i.e. I will have to mark order as fulfilled before 3PL will receive notification? BR, Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again, @mikeshik7!

It only displays this way if you're integrated with 3PL through the custom fulfillment section in your Shipping Settings. Because it's done through API, how your orders respond based on manual payments will depend on how your 3PL's API is setup. It'd be best for you to reach out to them directly and explain the situation to see if they have a way of determining which orders are not yet paid and have a process for holding said orders until payment is received.

Hope that answers your question! If there's anything I can clarify, please let me know.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like